Duck Hunting Forum banner

Mushroom Hunting

2K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  BRKbill 
#1 ·
Any of you guys shroom hunters in the spring, morel season is right around the corner :thumbsup:

#4 ·
i do enjoy looking for them as well. The old timers around me said the cold nights have kept them under ground yet...should look to the start of next week for morels and they also said with the late start...expect yellows and blacks all at the same time...i can only HOPE to find lots this year...they are addictive.

#5 ·
They sure are! Will keep ya posted on when I start to see them, I take the old timers word on what there saying. Shrooming is something that takes years to get good at.

on another note, do you ever freeze any or try to preserve them? I lost a few lbs last year because I wasnt able to cook them andthey shrivelled up and went bad after a week .

#7 ·
with these bitter cold nights i cant believe any around here are up yet but warm days are here..for now !!!. lets wait and see how the end of this week looks and i will let you know how it goes here.I have never frozen any but my buddy dries his extra and rehydrates them in the winter...they are good for cooking and adding to his recipes so that will be my plan if i do happen to get any surplus.let me know how it goes for you as well.

#9 ·
I think we got screwed man, 5 days near 90 degrees and no rain dont make for a good season. I have only found a handfull each time out in places I usually load up big. I think the season was done before it ever had a chance to even get going :fingerhead:

#10 ·
i agree but some of these guys are just killing it...thousands of them being found in certain spots. i am up to finding about 60 so far,,,and its been a heck of a lot more hunting than finding thats for sure. The old guys tell me that any rain in the next couple days should push the big yellows up and onward...so lets hope so!! good luck and let us know how it goes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.