New to it all

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

New to it all

Postby newtoducks » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:43 pm

Hey folks, I am new to this site and duck/ goose hunting, i've hunted justabout everything else in pa that you can. I live in state college and have a 6 month old lab named colby really looking for some places to hunt in the north central pa area for early goose or if someone is interested in helping me get started please let me know. Thanks alot
newtoducks
hunter

Postby Snaph » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:04 pm

Welcome New2, I think there are some guys in here from your part of the state that would be willing to help you out. Ask any questions you want. I am sure somebody will point you in the right direction.
Again, welcome, relax and have fun.
:thumbsup:
Snaph
hunter

Postby H-2-O-FOWL » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:03 pm

Welcome abroad
H-2-O-FOWL
hunter

Postby suskiedrake » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:31 pm

Welcome aboard ...As Snafu already said feel free to ask whatever we more than happy to help you with whatever we can your about an hour north of me. But sorry I dont of any spot in the state college area, but your reasonably close to the Juniata river I would start your scouting efforts there. Early season geese run a routine daily my advice would be find some birds, then determine there flight path from roost to feed and intercept them. however I never hunt right on either roost or primary feeding area, once you bump them that it usually. however if you give them a buffer zone and they feel safe on roost and feeding areas you can take birds routinely....Well thats my two cents worth anyway good luck and happy honker hunting........
suskiedrake
hunter

Postby Honkers41 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:08 pm

Welcome New....welcome aboard!!!!! :salude:
Honkers41
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting