Take a youth hunting

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Take a youth hunting

Postby H-2-O-FOWL » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:32 am

I think it is important to take young hunters out . Now that the game commison offers all these oppertunities for youth hunts. I try to take at least two youths out on every youth hunt that we have. I think that this is the best way to keep our sport going.
H-2-O-FOWL
hunter

Postby suskiedrake » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:35 pm

I most defintely agree with this I love hunting with my friends childern are along...I cant wait until my son is old enough to hunt he is only five but he might get a taste of the early goose season this year, to tag along and enjoy the hunt with me ..... and we have been working on his retrieves in the backyard all summer hahahaha.
suskiedrake
hunter

Postby H-2-O-FOWL » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:04 pm

One of the funniest things i have seen while hunting was a 10 year old boy trying to swim with a wounded goose. Everyone thought it was dead until he had swum out about 15 yards and grabed a hold of the goose. Then it started trying to get away from him but he brought in anyway.
H-2-O-FOWL
hunter

Youth

Postby h2ofowler84 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:25 pm

I try to take my kids along as often as possible. When I cant take them with me, suskiedrake usually takes them along with him(I cant thank him enough for that). My 15 yr old is really excited about going with us this year even more than in past years. He has been practicing on his ZINKS call all summer and is excited about us possibly letting him call with us this year. Half way thru the season he'll turn 16 and will be able to hunt on his own. I'm sure he will be out there alot when that happens. We need to keep the youth interested so that they will get involved with all the banding and wet lands consevation as they grow older.
Talk the Talk
h2ofowler84
hunter

Postby suskiedrake » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:52 pm

Dont worry H2084 I will get that kid straighten out and get him a FOILES call...... Thanks man I really appericiate you mentioning that, and they are both welcome in my blinds or boat whenever they want. I just cant wait to see his eyes when 70,000 geese show up out of nowhere in NY this year....

I feel like a kid when that happens myself and cant wait to pass this sport on my son, but he has already started in my footsteps and would rather blow a goose call than play a video game......
suskiedrake
hunter

Postby PADUCKSTUFFER » Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:27 pm

I try to introduce new people to the waterfowling world old ory oung. Plus our Delta chapter will put on a youth hunt and take a bunch of kids out for a hunt.
PADUCKSTUFFER
Forum & State Moderator

Postby suskiedrake » Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:10 pm

Here is my boy in his first finsher looking forward going to the field with me this fall.....

suskiedrake
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting