manditory state duck stamp

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

manditory state duck stamp

Postby PADUCKSTUFFER » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:47 am

Pulled this from the fuge

Manditory State Stamp.... here's the deal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need the help of all waterfowl organizations and other concerned parties who are interested in supporting a state stamp. I've been in contact with members of the House Game and Fish committee and located a Representative who will sponsor a state stamp Bill. I need to write a letter to the Representative which will include among other things a list of organizations that also support the stamp. So, if any of you out there are in a position to represent your organization, I need the name of the organization, address, contact person, if as an organization you support at stamp and rough idea of the number of members. Later, I may call on these organization and individuals to write support letters, but for now the above will do. This information will be included in my letter to the Representative to show PA waterfowlers are serious about supporting migratory bird management.

The funds will be earmarked for migratory bird research and management which would include habitat improvement and acquirement. As a whole, we can require that the funds not be included in PGC general fund and only be use or migratory bird related projects.

If some of you frequent other forums please feel free to copy and paste this information and report any interest back. If individuals or organizations do not want specific information posted on the internet, PM me and I will only include the information in my letter to the Representative.

The more support we can generate the easier this will be, so don't just read and ignore, HELP! I'm planning on submitting my letter by the end of the week, 4 day from now.

Thank you,

Matt Roberts

check out the thread here

http://www.refugeforums.com/refuge/show ... p?t=368540
PADUCKSTUFFER
Forum & State Moderator

Postby H-2-O-FOWL » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:43 am

Sorry but I WILL NOT SUPPORT this and I will fight it all the way. We do not need a Mandetory stamp.
H-2-O-FOWL
hunter

Postby goosehunter2118 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:02 pm

H-2-O-FOWL wrote:Sorry but I WILL NOT SUPPORT this and I will fight it all the way. We do not need a Mandetory stamp.

ummmmm........why?????? For $10 to help ot some wet lands, you wouldn't do it.
When the guns go up the geese come down.
goosehunter2118
hunter

Postby H-2-O-FOWL » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:19 pm

I already donate more than that to help wetlands . I just don't want the state telling me I have to pay them to do it. They allready want to try and raise hunting licences.
H-2-O-FOWL
hunter

Postby Snaph » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:48 pm

I don't know about this. If you don't support it, you look like you don't care about habitat and the ducks and all that. I don't look at it like that. And I would go so far as to say that is not the mindset of most duck hunters.

My problem is, whats next? A Pheasant stamp? Turkey stamp? What would stop them to keep trying to get more? And you know the saying...give them am inch...This could set a precedent we don't need. I would hate to see hunting "stamped" out.

I would need to know more of what they are talking about before I got behind something like this. Kinda like H20 said, I would rather donate my money to the private sector. When the house and senate are in session making more laws, I get nervous.
Snaph
hunter

Postby JJ McGuire » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:03 am

I would be happy if I didn't have to stop at four places before I could find someone who had PA waterfowl stamps. I can't understand how places can be allowed to sell a liscense and not have to have the stamps available. :pissed:
JJ McGuire
hunter

Postby suskiedrake » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:49 am

As a member in several organizations ie DU and SRWA I would not mind paying a little extra money for a stamp if the money is kept at home here in PA and goes toward wetlands conservation.

I also understand the point of view with the rising costs of liciense fees wondering where it goes?

A good example of that is with having to buy a trout stamp, there are way less trout in streams than there was 10 or 15 years ago that are much smaller and you can keep less of them to eat , but they maybe infected with parasites. So where did that money for that stamp go anyway?

Well I guess I am undecided on this one, but if I can see those funds help set aside wetland or restore wetlands to there original status to help conserve the resource for future generations , I would buy two a year and not think twice about it. But I would also wanna see some results of where that money went .

At least thats my two cents worth....
suskiedrake
hunter

Postby Snaph » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:50 pm

The trout stamp is a good example. And I have one more. If you want to fish Lake Erie, you have to buy a "Lake stamp" or buy a Lake/ trout stamp combo. Are they going to start issuing river stamps? It has to stop someplace.
Snaph
hunter

stamps

Postby Fili » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:02 am

I would not support a stamp either. Every time I turn around it seems the government or some organization says they need my money but it will go to something to benfit everyone. I never see a difference in my life except the extra money i am out. The trout stamp is a perfect example. I would like to know how they were able to stock the streams in PA before the stamp. It seems it has gotten worse every year since the stamp.
Another example is charity. How much money is donated every year to cancer research? Now I know it is something that needs looked at but how much money is it going to take to cure it? I am willing to bet that there are billions and billions of $$$ donated each year and where is it getting us? I don't mean to sound like a grinch, I do like to help others out, but I am tired of being forced to give handouts.
I'd rather be hunting than talking to you here.
Fili
hunter

Postby paduckbuster » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:24 am

I think snafu hit it on the head, pa is stamping us to death. a stamp for this and a stamp for that, next thing you know you are going to need a gun dog stamp, ops don't want to give those jerks in Harrisburg any ideas.

I think they should just leave things as they have always been.
Death from below
paduckbuster
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting