Youth Waterfowl Day September 24th

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Youth Waterfowl Day September 24th

Postby h2ofowler84 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:27 am

Hey Guys,

Just a reminder that next Saturday the 24th is the youth only waterfowl hunting day. Take a kid hunting and keep them interested in hunting waterfowl. I just hope those blue wings are still around that we saw earlier in the season.
Talk the Talk
h2ofowler84
hunter

Postby H-2-O-FOWL » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:12 am

I have 6 kids and 4 adults that are going that day. Taking them to my favorite duck spot. I took my son to this spot when he was 13 and let him use a 12 gauge semi. He shot 50 shells in 45 minutes and no ducks.
H-2-O-FOWL
hunter

Postby suskiedrake » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:30 am

I bet he had a good time though....I cant wait until my son is old enough to shoot he goes along now but he is only going to be five next month.
Jayson Wilt
Foiles Migrators Pro-Staff
Team Strait Meat
suskiedrake
hunter

Postby H-2-O-FOWL » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:36 am

He had a blast. We went to walmart for another fifty shells and then he finnally got calmed down enough to start hitting the ducks. He was excted because we had 10 to20 ducks coming in every 5 minutes. Also it was his first time with a semi. I had to make him take the shells he was holding in his hand and put them in his pocket he was shooting and stuffing shells in that gun as fast as he could.
H-2-O-FOWL
hunter

Postby Pigger » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:13 am

H-2-O FOWL,
Keep in mind that you can only have 6 in your hunting party. I'm pretty sure that includes anyone participating in the hunt, even if you're just calling and helping set the decoys I'm pretty sure you're considered part of the hunting party. It's been added to the migratory bird rules and regs brochure this year. It's at the bottom of the page under the shooting hours table.

I think what you are doing with the kids is great! I just hate to see you have a problem that you were not aware of.

Take care,
Chris
Pigger
hunter

Postby H-2-O-FOWL » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:16 am

Thanks for the warning I had forgoten about that. We will just set up in two groups. Again thanks I have enough trouble with the wardens without asking for more.
H-2-O-FOWL
hunter

Postby macdaddy » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:54 am

Hey, Pigger - ditto H-@-O: thanks a billion!!!!!!!!!! Never would have looked @ that. Six maximum; wow. :oops:
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby H-2-O-FOWL » Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:08 pm

We had a nice morning. We got a lot of shooting and some ducks and geese. The total for the morning was 8 wood ducks 3 green wing teal 4 mallards and 4 geese and 2 wet kids. We were done and back to the cars by ten thirty. The most important thing was that all the kids had fun.
H-2-O-FOWL
hunter

youth day

Postby h2ofowler84 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:54 am

We had a pretty good day too. No birds to bring home, but we saw alot. My daughter got to shoot at a flock of mallards, missing with all three shots. When her first shot rang off, her brother then woke up and only got one shot off. We went to a different spot in the afternoon and had a nice spread of mallards, teal, woodies, and widgeon out. Had alot of woodies buzzing by but no shooting. All in all we had a good day and got to spend some time on the river with the kids.
I cant thank suskiedrake enough for going out with me and the kids all day yesterday. His son is only 5, he went with us on the afternoon hunt and had a good time. Thanks again JW
Talk the Talk
h2ofowler84
hunter

Postby suskiedrake » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:08 pm

Here is a pic of my son from youth day, and he had a big time and already asking to go again. Who am I to say no. He got seven years til here can squeeze off at the birds but he is hooked already. Gotta start them off young.

Jayson Wilt
Foiles Migrators Pro-Staff
Team Strait Meat
suskiedrake
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting