Early duck season

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Early duck season

Postby suskiedrake » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:40 pm

Well guys its less than two weeks away and I am ready, boats are ready to roll, shotgun is patterned, calls tuned, and decoys rigged. The only thing I dont have is water in the river what a cruel joke from last years over adbundence of water but none the less I am ready, may have to work alot harder but I asure it will be worth it.

While there is a small break in the action post up and tell us how your early goose season went and what you got going on with last minute duck preparations.

Good luck and happy hunting to all and enjoy a safe and hopefully productive duck season.
Jayson Wilt
Foiles Migrators Pro-Staff
Team Strait Meat
suskiedrake
hunter

Postby Snaph » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:54 pm

Well suskie, you saw how my goose season went, even though I am not sure it counts in PA. We have our flooded timber spot scouted and things look really good for woodys. Mallards come into that spot also. We have the dekes ready, I know my shotgun kills stuff. The waders don't leak, yet. I need to get a sling for the shotgun, this is a must. We can't take a walk down the "green mile" (path to the spot) with all our stuff while carring a gun at the same time.

Looking forward to this season being a little smarter, more prepared and more experienced.
Snaph
hunter

Postby Pigger » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:11 am

I'll only be hunting the first day of the early duck season then it's off to ND on the 12th for some real waterfowling!

My son and 4 buddies shot 14 geese at my lease Saturday. I was camping with my wife at OC, MD so I couldn't be there. :pissed:
Pigger
hunter

Postby newtoducks » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:17 am

Well I fixed up my blind on Sunday and jumped 2 dozen woodies with-in shotgun range of it, and saw quit a few mallards also.
newtoducks
hunter

Early ducks

Postby thinkducks » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:39 pm

I'm ready , hoping to meet some other guys in central pa to hunt with....
thinkducks
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting