anyone bow hunting

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

anyone bow hunting

Postby PADUCKSTUFFER » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:57 pm

Having any luck yet??
PADUCKSTUFFER
Forum & State Moderator

Postby PAwaterfowldominator » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:31 pm

I've was out Saturday evening and had 3 doe and 2 scrub bucks under me. I got out Monday morning too and had a real nice 8 or 10 point out about 100 yards or so and never got any closer. I put my buddy who is brand new to archery hunting and this only his 2nd year hunting period in one of my stands Saturday morning and sure enough, he arrowed a decent 9 point....I guess that's how it goes sometimes.
PAwaterfowldominator
hunter

Postby Snaph » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:51 pm

I don't bow hunt anymore because I don't like tree stands. But the guys I know who do bow hunt have been skunked so far.

PAwater...thats how it works, I see it in the paper every year. The new people and kids get the best deer. (OK some, not all) In the 20 some years I have been hunting I still have yet to close the deal on a nice buck.

Come Saturday some of the bow hunters will get mad at us for lighting up the swamps. Hey, they had a week of silence. Some guys like it because we get the deer moving. So I guess it is the way you look at things.
Snaph
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting