Rain rain go away.

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Rain rain go away.

Postby PAwaterfowldominator » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:57 pm

Looks like rain is in the forecast for the opener, alot of rain... The part of wooded stream I'm hunting might be too flooded to hunt Saturday morning...Might this rain cause a problem for the rest of you?
PAwaterfowldominator
hunter

Postby JJ McGuire » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:06 am

The problem for me is the storm is coming from the SW as it rides up the frontal boundary. I was hoping that the front would push in from the NW bring temp drops and winds with broken skies and spotty showers. Would have made for a better day for me, but hey it is still water fowling so it beats the alternatives no matter how unfavorable the conditions. :thumbsup:
JJ McGuire
hunter

Postby Pigger » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:20 am

I'll be hunting from a boat on the susquehanna. Rain won't be a problem. Matter of fact I hope it keeps some guys home. :thumbsup:
Pigger
hunter

Postby suskiedrake » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:23 am

We need that rain ... Yeah I wish it would have been here last weekend instead, but hopefully it will get the river up so I cant get my boat out the rest of week....
Jayson Wilt
Foiles Migrators Pro-Staff
Team Strait Meat
suskiedrake
hunter

needed rain

Postby thinkducks » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:14 am

we do need all that rain, you can hardly get a boat in the water,, we had a canoe out in some of the creeks and we had to get out and drag it most of the time...
thinkducks
hunter

Postby Snaph » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:06 pm

I was looking at the weather map. It looks like most of it will be moved out by tomorrow. Only 30% chance of rain (in the AM) here in the NW side of the state. That could be good or bad depending how you look at it.
Snaph
hunter

Postby Snaph » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:11 pm

I guess I lied...I got soaked...got ducks...but wet.
Snaph
hunter

Rain Rain stay and play

Postby h2ofowler84 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:29 pm

Thank God for that rain, I was finally able to take the boat out on the river. Saw lots of birds and brought 3 home. My 16 yr old son went thru a box and half of Hevi-shot by himself. As long as he has fun out there, that what matters to me.
Talk the Talk
h2ofowler84
hunter

Postby PAwaterfowldominator » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:07 pm

The rain soaked us but it was the best day of duck hunting my friends and I ever had...18 ducks between 3 of us( 4 mallards and 2 woodies per. )....I think I read somewhere ducks fly alot more with a light drizzle?
PAwaterfowldominator
hunter

Postby JJ McGuire » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:10 am

Well it was flat out pouring here. I was drenched Friday night loading up the truck. Got up at 0 dark thirty and headed out in a deluge. Met a nice officer, on the way to my spot, standing in front of a road-closed sign. He couldn’t believe I was thinking of going duck hunting. The roads were flooded out and they were removing some families from homes along the river. So, I bailed on the primary spot and went to my alternate, same story different place. I gave up on the river and took off for another spot I know, but I arrived too late and they were some folks set up and there just really was not any room.
I’ll tell you when I finally got home the dogs looked so disappointed. Friday night I had to keep chasing them out of the bed as I was loading up. All night, about every two, hours they would nose me to try and get me up. The alarm went off and they were bouncing off the walls. All they got was driving around for several hours in the rain and some consolation bumpers in the back yard.
JJ McGuire
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting