The antis strike again....

If sea duck hunting is your specialty, then share your thoughts on Rhode Island duck hunting with others.

Moderator: TheSwamper

The antis strike again....

Postby WhatIsDucky? » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:34 pm

For everyone on rihunts.com please bear with me.

So be and a buddy this morning went down the the East Greenwich/Warwick area this morning for a hunt. Had a great day, saw alot of movement. We parked at a public boat ramp at 500am and got back around 11 or so. We get back only to find our tires slashed. Called EGPD, they were far less than enthused to do anything, but the EPO's were fantastic. Not much they could've done, but they sure did everything they could. DEM was great and I couldn't have been happier. I had every intention of doing the same thing tomorrow morning but I think my motor crap the bed. Whoever pulled this bullshit is not gonna stop me from hunting anyhwere anytime. I hope they cut more tires and next time smile for the trail camera. I am greatful that we didn't get it as bad as those poor bastards in East Matunuck last year at the DU waterfowler's jamboree. All you guys be careful out there, looks like its gonna be a tough year.
WhatIsDucky?
hunter

Re: The antis strike again....

Postby TheSwamper » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:49 pm

Brutal.

We need to do a "sting" operation. :mad:
TheSwamper
DHC Sponsor and Moderator

Postby BillyBlanks » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:56 pm

Ducky......that's a real bummer, sorry to hear about it. Out of curiosity, is there anything on your car/truck that would give away that you're a hunter? Like DU stickers? Just wondering if someone was watching you or if they just came across your car.
BillyBlanks
hunter

Postby WhatIsDucky? » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:05 pm

lots of DU/chessie stickers. Gonna take alot more than that to make me take them off. I'm proud of what I do and it's not gonna change.
WhatIsDucky?
hunter

Postby BillyBlanks » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:21 am

Gotcha. I'm definitely not saying you should take them off! I was just wondering if I should be looking for someone hiding in the bushes when I show up to hunting spots around here.
BillyBlanks
hunter

Postby jason52 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:56 pm

We had that problem in WA one year with people calling the DNR on us saying we were shooting towards their houses. Of course the DNR out there are smarter than that so they sat on top pf a hill and watched us. They did check us when we came in though to see we had our licenses and proper limits. Another time we were met by a group of protesters when we came in from the days hunt. I ever catch anyone damaging my vehicle and the police will have no need to be involved except to call the local medical examiner!
jason52
hunter

Return to Rhode Island Duck Hunting