Bird reports!!

If sea duck hunting is your specialty, then share your thoughts on Rhode Island duck hunting with others.

Moderator: TheSwamper

Bird reports!!

Postby RIhunter » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:41 pm

Has anyone been seeing any good numbers around? besides sea ducks
RIhunter
hunter

Re: Bird reports!!

Postby kjm1022 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:02 pm

Lmao, you're expecting someone on this R.I. thread to give you a bird report?? :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

My buddy just moved there, posted the INTRO thread to say hi to everyone there. Over 2,900 views without a single hello, welcome or anything. :huh:

Do yourself a favor, get a Massachusetts out of state license and hunt up here, where the hospitality is warmer than the weather. Check out the Mass forum, we'll treat you right! :thumbsup:
kjm1022
hunter

Postby RIhunter » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:03 pm

This is my first time logging in quite sometime. Lol very true, Im not expecting anyone to give up spots.

Im not from RI but have lived here for a couple years now. I'll have to look into Mass next year i checked out the thread and seems like you all get along pretty well.
RIhunter
hunter

Postby kjm1022 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:42 pm

RIhunter wrote:This is my first time logging in quite sometime. Lol very true, Im not expecting anyone to give up spots.

Im not from RI but have lived here for a couple years now. I'll have to look into Mass next year i checked out the thread and seems like you all get along pretty well.

Ya man, alot of great guys on the Mass forum! Many of us meet up for the first time at a spot at 5am. :thumbsup: Lots of generous people who will take you out and hunt thier spots and will meet up to hunt yours. It's a brotherhood. :beer:
kjm1022
hunter

Postby WhatIsDucky? » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:42 am

The Mass forum sounds nice, but if you want info on RI go to rihunts.com. Much more guys post there on waterfowling. As for numbers they've been really spotty. I'm averaging a mallard or black a day. Extremely inconsistent flights due to the fluctuating weather. The bay is starting to pick up as I have been hunting both freshwater and salt quite a bit. Good luck and hopefully you guys find the X.
WhatIsDucky?
hunter

Postby Dylandawg » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:48 pm

Haven't been around the bay much, which is usually where I hunt I have seen some sawbills on the salt ponds down south while driving. I drive threw matunuck every day and I'm not impressed with the lack of geese either. Haven't even geared the boats up yet due to the weather and being swamped with work.
Dylandawg
hunter

Postby RIhunter » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:54 pm

Theres been a lot of buffleheads around the bay and coves. I'm heading out in the am with a few buddies i'll let you guys know how we do. I shot 2 mallards and a banded goose last weekend. Hopefully we'll do better with this crappy weather coming.
RIhunter
hunter

Postby BillyBlanks » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:54 pm

I've been seeing a ton of geese over in my area.....haven't been out hunting since I moved here though (in RI at least). Done pretty well up in MA so far this season.
BillyBlanks
hunter

Postby rifleman » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:22 pm

:huh: In Seapowet this morning. No puddle ducks. Alot of Buffy's, some hoodies, loons and 100's of brant in the River. I still haven't seen many puddle ducks this year yet. Hopefully Jan will produce. I know its suppose to be near 50 F on new years day. ***? I checked all of the usual spots and no ducks. Never in 25 years of hunting around here have I seen it like this, not even close.
USN Retired
NRA Life
Somerset Sportsman Club
East Warren Rod and Gun
rifleman
hunter

Postby RIhunter » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:05 pm

Set out the decoys this morning in South County, nothing wanted to landed. Saw a lot of divers flying around tho. Resorted to jump shooting and three of us took 5 geese (3 banded), greenhead, and 2 wigeon.
RIhunter
hunter

Postby TheSwamper » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:30 am

It's been a slow year with these warm temps.

Everything seems to be about a month behind at least.

Hopefully some birds show up before the season ends. :sad:
TheSwamper
DHC Sponsor and Moderator

Return to Rhode Island Duck Hunting