Hotels Near Bristol

If sea duck hunting is your specialty, then share your thoughts on Rhode Island duck hunting with others.

Moderator: TheSwamper

Hotels Near Bristol

Postby Yeller Dawg » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:03 pm

So I'll be taking my kid over to RWU for law school soon and I was wondering if you guys could recommend hotels in the area - good ones, ones to avoid? Any help would be appreciated.

Also, when would be a good time to come over to sample the sea duck hunting ..... errr, visit the kid? :biggrin:

YD
Yeller Dawg
hunter

Re: Hotels Near Bristol

Postby Yeller Dawg » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:12 am

Wow! Over 400 views and no responses.
Yeller Dawg
hunter

Postby WhatIsDucky? » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:35 pm

Sorry for the late response, not too much traffic through here even during the season. I don't know many hotels in the East Bay, especially near Bristol. Stay out of any in East Providence, you will be disapointed, all of them are kind of dumpy. Any major hotel in DOWNTOWN Providence should be fine. You will be about 15-20 minutes away.

For Sea Ducks middle of December is where it's at. Scoters show up earlier but Eiders really start to get going in the third stretch of our season.
WhatIsDucky?
hunter

Postby Yeller Dawg » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:30 am

Thanks for the reply. We leave a week from Monday, so I felt like I needed to go ahead and book. Ended up with a Holiday Inn over in Swansea, MA. I hope that's a nice area.
Yeller Dawg
hunter

Postby rifleman » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:17 pm

Yeller Dawg wrote:Thanks for the reply. We leave a week from Monday, so I felt like I needed to go ahead and book. Ended up with a Holiday Inn over in Swansea, MA. I hope that's a nice area.

Thats the one I was going to suggest. Brand new hotel.
USN Retired
NRA Life
Somerset Sportsman Club
East Warren Rod and Gun
rifleman
hunter

Return to Rhode Island Duck Hunting