Itching!!!!

If sea duck hunting is your specialty, then share your thoughts on Rhode Island duck hunting with others.

Moderator: TheSwamper

Itching!!!!

Postby teamtakeem » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:01 pm

Who else just can't wait any longer?? Going to have to wait an extra week this year as well, it won't open on Columbus as normal. We got into a few nice holes already and did some scouting, seeing some real nice woodrows.
teamtakeem
hunter

Re: Itching!!!!

Postby WhatIsDucky? » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:11 pm

You're telling me! This year RI and Ct open ont the same weekend leaving us some hard decisions on where to go. Usually we get a bunch of extra days when CT opens right after RI, but not this year. We got hosed....
WhatIsDucky?
hunter

Postby teamtakeem » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:46 am

Agreed, I am encouraging everyone to attend the waterfowl hearin next year so there is a heavy presence no matter what side you fall on, there was only about 10 people there and unfortunately when the meetings are small and not enough opinions stuff can get changed. Was out scouting this morning and I didn't see the numbers I was hoping for so this year in terms of numbers it may not be a bad thing but for sure I want it back to Colombus Day Weekend in the future.
teamtakeem
hunter

Postby WhatIsDucky? » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:49 am

There was only 10 people because there was no time sent out on the friggin notification from DU or the state, I can't remember who screwed it up this year. I calle RIDU to get a time but didn't hear back until the next week. Not blaming anyone persay, but it's like they don't want any participation from us.
WhatIsDucky?
hunter

Return to Rhode Island Duck Hunting