Scouting in RI for puddlers! Good advice in here!

If sea duck hunting is your specialty, then share your thoughts on Rhode Island duck hunting with others.

Moderator: TheSwamper

Scouting in RI for puddlers! Good advice in here!

Postby dbDecoys » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:42 pm

Hello all. I would first like to start off by saying I hope everyone has a safe season. Secondly; to the guy who followed me in their truck to ask if the spot I was going into was huntable. If you want to find spots to hunt do research and scout yourself. I put in hard work to scout and hunt puddlers in RI. This is a very daunting task, please have some courtesy for me. I understand that everyone wants their own honey hole. That is possible if you put in the effort. Call local PD, call DEM, google, check the WMA map for RI, read the state law. All the information is available, do not expect people to give you info that is reliable. So for future reference to all the "Internet scouters" get off the keyboard and look for yourself. You will be surprised what you find, maybe even in your own backyard.
dbDecoys
hunter

Re: Scouting in RI for puddlers! Good advice in here!

Postby Timheff » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:21 pm

right on. the worst is when you spend time week after week before the season scouting a spot you know is loaded and see nobody there then opening day there some one sitting right in the middle of your spot so you can hunt any where around them. i spend countless hours in the summer and fall and even during duck season chasing duck seeing where they sleep,eat and when i hate being boned
Timheff
hunter

Postby BlackDog1100 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:15 pm

Sounds like you got to "your" spot too late sleepy head
:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
BlackDog1100
hunter

Postby Timheff » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:43 pm

BlackDog1100 wrote:Sounds like you got to "your" spot too late sleepy head
:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

not gonna argue there but i would dove hunt the corn field in front of the swamp alost every day after work and never saw another person scout it or hunt it but public land is what it is
Timheff
hunter

Return to Rhode Island Duck Hunting