Season so far

If sea duck hunting is your specialty, then share your thoughts on Rhode Island duck hunting with others.

Moderator: TheSwamper

Season so far

Postby Timheff » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:41 pm

How's every one season going so far? it's pretty frozen out here. seems like no one in rhode island is on this website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Timheff
hunter

Re: Season so far

Postby Dylandawg » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:31 pm

Seems like no one from RI likes to actually use forums, they mostly just lurk. It happens at all the RI forums I visit both hunting and fishing they are always dead as far as input.

It's been a banner year so far this year for ducks this early in the season, I know of a couple sholvers being shot, A euro widgon was shot the other day and some pins were shot by a few of my friends so far. Almost going back a month there was a raft of bluebill 2000 strong in the bay, this was the first time in maybe 30 years I have seen them here that early. A first ever for me just before the freeze there was a raft of 300+ rudy's on a pond in south county.
Dylandawg
hunter

Postby Timheff » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:08 pm

i havent been the best shot this year but iv seen more geese and ducks than the past few years for sure, but a feel like i only see blacks, mallards, few flocks of divers, geese, and brant. early season i saw more wood ducks then ever before flocks of 30-40 comming into the swamps
Timheff
hunter

Postby Dylandawg » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:54 pm

Not trying to brag BUT I was 8 for 8 on my first two hunts this season and all stone dead. Than my ball game avarage droped to below 500 soon after that. Great start to the season and hoping it gets better.
Dylandawg
hunter

Postby Timheff » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:03 pm

i did bag 2 mergansers with one shot that was the first time iv done that ha
Timheff
hunter

Return to Rhode Island Duck Hunting