New to the area

If sea duck hunting is your specialty, then share your thoughts on Rhode Island duck hunting with others.

Moderator: TheSwamper

New to the area

Postby shocktroop » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:01 pm

Howdy folks. I just moved to CT. From Texas, military, got stationed in Groton from Wa state. I don't much care for the gun laws in CT or the no hunting on sunday gig, so I bought a hunting license for RI. Went pheasant hunting last weekend, was a hoot. Anyhow, just dropping a line to see if theres any good fellas out there that don't mind showing a new guy around. A little about me, been hunting waterfowl for 16 yrs or so. I can take or leave all other hunting, but always get out for the ducks and geese. Being from Tx, pretty big on varmint hunting when I can get it. Every duty station I go to and get to know, I always get others interested in the sport and involved, I loan them a shotgun, waders, all the gear, and even provide reloads for them, just to get them out in the blind to see what it's about, and we always have fun and I've made a few new waterfowlers here and there. In the off time, we build nesting boxes and help out at the local waterfowl association and local DU and Delta events. What I'm trying to say is that I'm a pretty good fella, just stinks being military and moving every 2-3 yrs. Right about the time you get an area figured out it's time to move. So if theres any of you fellas out there who enjoy a few good jokes and some good company and are willing to put a guy on the right track in these parts, and make a new friend, then drop me a line. I pull my own weight, pay my own way and do my share of work, no slob hunter here, just trying to get out there for this season. Thanks all, you guys take care.
shocktroop
hunter

RI Hunting

Postby Jred » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:59 pm

PM at ya
Jred
hunter

Postby rifleman » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:19 am

:welcome: Let me know when you get your south shore management area permit. Its free, all you have to do is go to the Great Swamp office and get one.
USN Retired
NRA Life
Somerset Sportsman Club
East Warren Rod and Gun
rifleman
hunter

Postby shocktroop » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:38 am

What? I was there on Saturday, I think. Is this the check-in station, that little hut you sign into and get your button prior to hunting?
shocktroop
hunter

Return to Rhode Island Duck Hunting