finally a band!

If sea duck hunting is your specialty, then share your thoughts on Rhode Island duck hunting with others.

Moderator: TheSwamper

finally a band!

Postby Flier » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:46 pm

Three years hunting finally got a banded duck! A nice Mallard Drake today.

:yes:
Not hard to hit, just easy to miss.

Tom
Flier
hunter

Postby Dylandawg » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:48 pm

Congrats, You'll never forget your first.
Dylandawg
hunter

Postby TheSwamper » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:54 pm

Very nice!

Congrats! :thumbsup:
TheSwamper
DHC Sponsor and Moderator

Postby DuckSlyer16 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:57 pm

pics or it didnt happen :yes:
DuckSlyer16
hunter

thanks guys

Postby Flier » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:39 pm

Thanks guys.

I did take a pic of me holding the duck. However I'm old school. I still use Chrome film. And I 'll probably shoot oneor two pics at a time when I'm shooting stuff. When I get to the end and develop the roll, I'll me sure to post it. I called the band in today. I guess they send a certificate with the info. cool, never knew that

As for the duck, dinner tonight.

Tom
Flier
hunter

Postby shocktroop » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:30 pm

Congrats!! They'll send you the print-out certificate or they'll email you the same thing. I'm a computer retard so I always opt for the hard copy and then frame it when it comes in. I shot a banded mallard opening day and haven't recieved the dang certificate yet. I check the mail like I'm waiting on a check, looking for it though.
shocktroop
hunter

Postby shocktroop » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:32 pm

BTW, three years of hunting and getting a band is pretty good. I'm sure some guys shoot one every time they go out but I have known many waterfowlers who have hunted 20+ years and don't have a band. I hunted south Texas, shot hundreds of birds over the years and finally got a band, then I move up here and shoot one first time out, first shot of the season. Go figure.
shocktroop
hunter

wow

Postby Flier » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:02 pm

Thanks guys. Yeah a good friend of mine has been hunting a long time. He was very suprised too. (And cursed a bit under his congrats to me lol)
Yeah I feel very lucky. Went out today. Saw some action right before the storm hit. Quite a site watching us two paddling back against the current in the wind down in SOCO. lol

Tom
Flier
hunter

Postby MIKE J. » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:24 am

Congrats Tom, :thumbsup:
"Kill counts are for snipers, fighter pilots and Novice duck hunters."
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Skip0ls » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:43 am

my first band was a drake mallard too, i'll never forget it. shot it on the way up after it decided it didnt want to decoy at the last second, when it fell it went straight through the ice. it was interested having to bust ice in my waders to go get it, but i was so pumped when i saw the jewlery.
Skip0ls
hunter

Postby Johnny Vegas » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:06 pm

last two bands I called in this year have both resulted in an E-mail satting that there was a problem- lost or just not submitted band info from the biologist! One I could see but Two?? I think I'm going to call them monday and see what the deal is.

Thank you for your recent report of band 1008-44007.

Unfortunately, we cannot process your report immediately. This is due to one or both of these reasons:

1. There is a discrepancy or potential error in your report that will place it in a hold file until time allows us to work on resolving it.
2. The bander has not yet submitted the data for this band so we are unable to process your report at this time.

In the case where there is a discrepancy or potential error in your report, we may need to contact you for further details on the encounter.

In the case of the banding data not currently being available, the bander is being notified that a recovery of one of their bands has occurred, along with a request that they submit the banding data as soon as possible. We are not always successful with our first attempt to obtain the banding data, but we do send second and third requests beginning a month after the first request was sent. Occasionally the bander has the band in their possession or has lost the banding data due to extenuating circumstances and we will not be able to process your report. If this is the case, you will be notified. If there are no errors in the encounter report when the banding data is received, it will automatically be processed and your certificate of appreciation will be sent

If some time has passed and you have not received your certificate, please do not report the band again, as this will just slow the process further. Instead, please contact us via e-mail or phone, and we will be happy to provide an update on the progress of your report.

Thank you for reporting this band encounter to us. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments.

Please confirm the details that were submitted below and if you notice any errors, please contact us by replying to this email with hist! ory.
Johnny Vegas
hunter

same here

Postby Flier » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:19 pm

Just read the email about mine. Same damm thing. Sounds like someone lost the info. :huh:

Tom
Flier
hunter

Return to Rhode Island Duck Hunting