south carolina duck hunting

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

south carolina duck hunting

Postby bakerra2 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:42 pm

where have all the ducks gone? wondering if anyone hunts in calhoun county
bakerra2
Newb

sc

Postby sc_countryboy26 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:33 pm

Good luck getting many people to talk to you on here from S.C. As far as the ducks go, I don't know what happened.
sc_countryboy26
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:53 pm

why is this in classifieds?
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:30 pm

I see them everyday, cant explain it for you in your county but i think they are staying here. I hope. :thumbsup:
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Few ducks

Postby pointimgdogs » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:21 pm

Howdy Gentlemen, Just dropped in to say hello. I was born in Charleston, SC but moved to Minnesota in 1986. I spent the first 29 years of my life hunting and fishing the coast and rivers there. My good friend , a retired marine biologist for the SC DNR still lives there. He was explaining a theory to me that was proposed by another biologist. Supposedly ducks are genetically programmed to migrate to a certain place, much like salmon swimming up to a river to spawn in the same spot they were hatched. Over the years the ducks programmed for that flyway have been shot out or shot in northern states before they even get to SC.
Even though my friend still lives there he does not hunt ducks in SC, He says it is not worth it. He travels to other states to hunt the central and Mississippi flyways. Good luck Guys I know how hard it was to kill a limit of ducks when I lived there . :salude:
pointimgdogs
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting