Upstate Waterfowl USA Chapter..

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

Upstate Waterfowl USA Chapter..

Postby BirdDogRip » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:59 am

Speaking of Voting for Constitution Ammendment #1. Many of us have been DU, or Delta Waterfowl members in the past and/or currently. That is a good thing. They do great work in the most vital areas of waterfowl habitat. But members and Chapters usually don't have much say in what areas get attention. I have looked closely at DU, Delta Waterfowl, and Waterfowl USA and I have come to the conclusion based on testimonies and bylaws that Waterfowl USA allows their chapters to retain more proceeds for local projects, and overall at a chapter level they're credited with more state law changes in our favor. Plus they are headquartered in our own Palmetto State. Again don't get me wrong DU and Delta are great organizations and I recommend being members of all of them. But to make a differnce in our local area for waterfowl management and preserving any important migration resources, I think Waterfowl USA is the way to go.
Anyone interested in a discussion of starting a Waterfowl USA Chapter in the Upstate please send me a PM.
Hope to hear from you.
John Birddogrip.
Bet you're all Jelous I pull a Tundra Swan Tag again this year in VA. Now that's a thud in the mud!!!
When I retire I will be waterfowl hunting all the best places in the world. Golfing is for those who lack vision and it's a pure waste of time and money. Want help planning financially for your duck hunting future? Send me a PM.
BirdDogRip
hunter

Re: Upstate Waterfowl USA Chapter..

Postby VaTailfeathers » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:32 am

You got that right, Rip. In VA , our LOCS chapter retains most of what we raise at our banquets, auctions, raffles and it goes into our local projects. Our Pres along with assistance of Va Waterfowlers Association, also just got a baiting law in effect that stops waterfront land owners from dumping corn and calling the warden to shut down the baited area along lakes and rivers. The wardens have issued summons on day one and will continue. No more shutting us out! I've chosen what is best for me, Waterfowl USA and VaWFA. VaWFA retains 100% and it all goes into projects. Others do good work, these work for me.
VaTailfeathers
hunter

Re: Upstate Waterfowl USA Chapter..

Postby BirdDogRip » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:00 pm

Gotta believe tailfeathers fellas. I met and hunted with him and The D. Dawg, you all don't know either person but they've done great things for duck hunters in the state of VA (including me). Glad to see you hitting other forums tailfeathers. Maybe we'll see you again this season if you all don't mind letting the yankee kill another swan. :hi: Maybe we'll get the Waterfowl USA up and running. Good guys in this site and I mentioned that they tell their friends to come back to this site. :welcome: :beer:
VTF I'm actually living in SC now. But I got licensed just before leaving.
When I retire I will be waterfowl hunting all the best places in the world. Golfing is for those who lack vision and it's a pure waste of time and money. Want help planning financially for your duck hunting future? Send me a PM.
BirdDogRip
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting