WTB in Early DEC: Canoe or other small boat.

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

WTB in Early DEC: Canoe or other small boat.

Postby BB1 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:11 pm

I am moving down down to Charleston December first and I am debating if I want to throw my smaller boat on my roof or buy something down there. Figure I would throw out a post and see if anyone has something like a canoe, sit on top kayak, or maybe a car-topper jonboat they are selling. Needs to be darker in color and basically ready to hunt, as I don't have much time and want to get out there hunting right off. :thumbsup: Please PM or respond here.
BB1
hunter

Re: WTB in Early DEC: Canoe or other small boat.

Postby btduckcall » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:21 pm

check the carolina trader , you may find some in there
btduckcall
hunter

Postby Summerduck » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:47 pm

I have a 14ft Water bug w/ galvanized trailer. If your not familiar with a water bug its similiar to a gheenoe or riverhawk. Its a great little boat holds up to a 15hp. Let me know if thats something you might be looking for.
Summerduck
hunter

Postby BB1 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:38 am

Thanks for the tips. Summerduck I want a boat that is easy to paddle and can go on the roof easily. Don't feel like dealing with registering a boat/trailer. Also limited spots to park boats at my apartment. I think I have my heart set on a sit-on-top kayak, probably the Ocean Kayak Trident. I will happen to be a few miles from the Old Town factory store tomorrow, and I had my buddy check last week and they had a bunch of them in stock, so I don't think I can pass that up. They should be great for fishing the bays and what not as while as a boat I can take hunting almost anywhere.
BB1
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting