marshes

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

marshes

Postby NCduckSlayer » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:37 am

Have a house on murrells inlet and saw a bunch of ducks out in the marshes and was wondering if that was public land or if it was protected from hunting or what. Any help would be great
NCduckSlayer
hunter

Postby bulldawgs01 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:01 pm

I live on the inlet also and I hunt it all the time...lots of mergansers, and what we like to call "tame" mallards, because you cannot get them to land in decoys but you can pick them out of the sky. These mallards usually fly real early though. Last year we got a few teals, but I haven't seen any this year. Last year we hunted up north but this year we are hunting close to huntington state park, and have had a little more luck. Let me know if you want to know more.

Jarrett
bulldawgs01
Newb

Postby NCduckSlayer » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:41 pm

do you live on the marlin-quay side or the mount gilead side. If you live on the marlin-quay side i might have talked to you the other day. we talked to some duck hunters that we saw out there and they said that they had shot some mergansers on saturday and we were in a red whaler. Let me know if that was you i was talking to on the dock. :thumbsup:
NCduckSlayer
hunter

Postby bulldawgs01 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:22 am

i live back in the mount gileod creek so i dont have a good view or anything over the inlet...i went twice over thanksgiving and killed alot of mergansers, and we have gone once since season opened back up and we killed two mallards...we haven't seen a lot of birds though...im going back to school so i am done for the season...if you want any info ill let you know what I know
bulldawgs01
Newb

Postby panthersfan » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:24 pm

i also live in murrells inlet and shoot a lot of merganzers and buffel heads. bulldawgs01 where do you normaly hunt. Where do you go to school? Im only 20 and go to coastal carolina
Jonathan
panthersfan
hunter

Postby bulldawgs01 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:02 pm

I go to UGA, so I only come home and hunt over christmas and thanksgiving break...last season we hunted more on the north side somewhere a couple hundred yards north of marlin quay, but this year we had more luck on the south side towards the point. So do you live out at CCU and drive to murrells inlet, or do you live in MI?
bulldawgs01
Newb

marsh

Postby dcmbsc » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:01 pm

hey i am going to start hunting in murrles inlet and i am looking for some people to hunt with in the marsh , and i am wanna to no some info about this area thank you , i got to coastal carolina and i tech and i drive a truck so i could drive and pas for gas for boat , thank you

post any phone numbers or contact info
Rock'em , Sock'em,....GAME'cockem!

College Student

Grand Strand Ducks Unlimited #8
http://www.grandstrandducks.org/

myrtle beach and murrells inlet

www.scducks.com
dcmbsc
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting