need help

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

need help

Postby joshmdln » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:48 pm

I am going to bluffton next weekend to visit family and am going to hunt a little while there. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a couple of pointers of where i could go and maybe get on a few birds. I appreciate all the help i can get.
joshmdln
hunter

Re: need help

Postby btduckcall » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:23 pm

dude, i know you have to be joking
btduckcall
hunter

Postby joshmdln » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:04 pm

no i'm not joking dont know anything about the place down there, that's why i put this post on here
joshmdln
hunter

Postby btduckcall » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:39 pm

well them i would suggest, you take a ride and scout. instead of cyber scouting.
btduckcall
hunter

Postby bigsprig » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:54 am

I would look for water, then try to find somewhere with no houses, then maybe somewhere that you could launch a boat. Yeah, that would be a good start.

Sorry, but had to take this shot, too easy to pass up.

Asking where to go hunting on here is like asking if you can sleep with somebody's woman, possibly worse.
Pro staff: Pop Tarts, Little Debbie, Armour Vienna Sausage! Just an old duck hunter that grew up hunting from Moes lake to McGirts Lake in beautiful Sparkleberry Swamp.
bigsprig
hunter

Postby joshmdln » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:20 am

well thanks for all the smart ass comments i dont want to get on anybody else if yall that wooried about somebody maybe killing a bird then thats bad. Sure gald i'm not like that i dont like to be that selfish and worried about well maybe that man over there might get a shot .
joshmdln
hunter

Postby btduckcall » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:34 pm

joshmdln wrote:well thanks for all the smart ass comments i dont want to get on anybody else if yall that wooried about somebody maybe killing a bird then thats bad. Sure gald i'm not like that i dont like to be that selfish and worried about well maybe that man over there might get a shot .

i do not belive there was a smart ass remarked made in the above posts, only the truth . now if you where asking help on decoy placement, calling, etc. you might have got a reply. but, to ask where to go that is something pure dumbass. if you want to give other people your spots, fine and dandy.(probaly nothing there) but the rest of us work hard scouting for our spots. so nno!:
btduckcall
hunter

Postby bigsprig » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:58 pm

Ditto what he said - "now if you where asking help on decoy placement, calling, etc. you might have got a reply" :fingerhead:
Pro staff: Pop Tarts, Little Debbie, Armour Vienna Sausage! Just an old duck hunter that grew up hunting from Moes lake to McGirts Lake in beautiful Sparkleberry Swamp.
bigsprig
hunter

Postby joshmdln » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:26 pm

i'm not a dumbass i dont have a problem killing birds the main thing i was worried about is the water never been down there and dont know anything about it was not asking for your spots cause just a general place, but if you were any kind of a sportsman you wouldn't mind giving a fellow hunter a general idea of where to go you cant hunt all the birds in one day and im sure i wouldnt kill the whole population in one or two hunts but i want to make sure i dont get near you so you can kill all the birds there right by yourself. Kind of hard for me to drive 3.5 hrs to scout
joshmdln
hunter

Postby Calibogue » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:53 pm

Big tides.....8+ foot change so know what the hell you are doing before you set up somewhere.
No puddle ducks in the area, just divers.
Haven't hunted the area in years despite my family having a house on the May.
Used to kill plenty of bluebills, some buffles, and a black from time to time in late season.
Lost a drake oldsquaw once...
Aside from that you are on your own to find em!
Calibogue
hunter

Postby joshmdln » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:35 pm

Thanks, maybe i can use my gps on the boat and sonar and get the in time enough to find a spot
joshmdln
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting