What would you have done?

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

What would you have done?

Postby scdc » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:04 pm

This morning three of my good friends and I went hunting on some public land in a spot I have scouted for quite some time. There is usually only one other group that hunts this spot (not close to us). We got there at 5:30 am, and about 6:45, we hear a 4 wheeler coming through the woods. Long story short, they ended up seeing where we were and walked right by us and started heading towards to the other group, they saw them and then posted RIGHT in between our two groups, roughly 40-50 yards from us. Seeing that it was minutes from legal time, I didn't even have time to go over there and tell them to move. They shot at the woodies before we even had a chance, sky blasted mallards all morning, and not to mention shot at a group of mallards about 60 yards that just got off the water, heading right at our group (and missed). We talked about what we are going to say/do later in the morning. What would you have done in this situation? I read another topic on here one time that somebody said deflating tires woulda worked.
scdc
hunter

Re: What would you have done?

Postby carolinagreenhead » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:49 am

Public land is public land. They have just as much right to hunt there as you do. Granted some people don't use common sense as they should and can be just flat out dumb. That wasn't the smartest of moves on their part but not much you can do either.
carolinagreenhead
hunter

Postby Spottail » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:24 pm

Slashing tires is trashy and uncalled for.
You should've walked over to them and asked them to move(regardless of shooting time approaching).
Being civil goes a long way in most cases. The last thing you need is a heated discussion when firearms are present.
You never know who is a hot head and a duck isn't worth esculating the situation.
If they don't comply, call operation game thief and explain that they are impeding on a lawful hunt. Don't mention this to them, just sit and wait on the warden.
It is against the law for anyone, public or private to interfere with a lawful hunt.
I would've asked the other original group to testify that you were there before the ATV group showed up.
teal and tailing reds make life worth living
Spottail
hunter

Postby MARSHTACKI » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:18 pm

Rubberheads....their daddy shoulda shot that load in an antbed...
MARSHTACKI
hunter

Postby grey duck » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:28 am

MARSHTACKI wrote:Rubberheads....their daddy shoulda shot that load in an antbed...

:bow:
grey duck
hunter

Postby grey duck » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:31 am

Put some dog doo in the handle of their truck. I usally don't slash tires, but i will take the vavle out of the vavle stem. This is easily accomplished with a stem tool, and can be obtained at most part stores for less than five bucks. Let me know if this helps.
grey duck
hunter

Postby scdc » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:02 am

hahaha good advice. I didn't think about slashing the tires I was thinking about letting the air out.
scdc
hunter

Postby clemsonwoodie » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:35 pm

grey duck wrote:Put some dog doo in the handle of their truck. I usally don't slash tires, but i will take the vavle out of the vavle stem. This is easily accomplished with a stem tool, and can be obtained at most part stores for less than five bucks. Let me know if this helps.

or a small pebble between the valve stem and the valve stem cap
clemsonwoodie
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting