New SC duck hunter

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

New SC duck hunter

Postby fergie22 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:15 pm

hey guys, I am an avid duck hunter here in Mississippi, and will be moving to upstate South Carolina in August for school. I was wondering what options there are for duck hunting upstate? Are there camps and/or public land?
fergie22
Newb

Re: New SC duck hunter

Postby ctrevis7 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:17 am

where you going to school at? there is a good amount of public water to hunt most of it is acessible by boat, not many walk in spots. duckhunting is not the greatest here and is probably not what your used to but can be good at times, just takes alot of work scouting, if you need any help arund here just pm me
ctrevis7
hunter

Postby C-Hawk19 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:26 am

:welcome: welcome to the forum and please let me know if you need anything i'm fixing to graduate myself and i'm from spartanburg so if you are in that area let me know i have a few spots and i'm planning on getting a boat for some of the public waters in both upstate and low state. PM me if you need any info i will be glad to help if i can.
You know your hunting in South Carolina when a bunch of ducks fly in and you shot both of them!!
C-Hawk19
hunter

Postby carolinagreenhead » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:07 pm

:welcome: Glad to have you here. Like the other said, duck hunting is work here. You have to put your scouting time in real heavy just to kill a few birds but it can be good.
carolinagreenhead
hunter

Postby btduckcall » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:30 pm

oh my God. you are moving from the south to yankee land, that is a bad move, and then to make it worse you said you are going to school there, hum, hopefully to a U.S.C. campus there and not in tiggerville . welcome to the site, but :nana:
btduckcall
hunter

Postby fergie22 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:57 pm

Thanks guys. I am actually going to the new medical school in Spartanburg. Will be moving up in August, so I guess I will start my scouting then.
fergie22
Newb

Postby C-Hawk19 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:22 pm

fergie22 wrote:Thanks guys. I am actually going to the new medical school in Spartanburg. Will be moving up in August, so I guess I will start my scouting then.

which school is it in spartanburg that is my home town and will probably be staying there for awhile till i find a job and maybe then i'll be around the burg. let me know again if i can help in any way.
You know your hunting in South Carolina when a bunch of ducks fly in and you shot both of them!!
C-Hawk19
hunter

Postby sftull » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:05 pm

Glad to hear another Mississippian is making they way to SC. I moved from MS to SC alittle over 5 years ago and live in Rock Hill. Like everyone before me has said, duck hunting here is nothing like it is back home. I hunt mostly public land and it can be productive if you put the time in.
sftull
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting