Latest from stump

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

Latest from stump

Postby C-Hawk19 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:30 am

Even though i posted this on the calling forum this place is dead so i thought that i would show off the new gems. Enjoy :grooving:
Attachments
RM TRAMP Indonesian ironwood and honey micarta resize.jpg
Tramp midrange call honey micarta insert looks kinda looks like hedge and indonesian ironwood barrel
RM SOUL CRUSHER MALLARD GREEN resize.jpg
Soul crusher comp call mallard green acrylic
RM Gold Digger black micarta and stabilized buckeye burl resized.jpg
Gold digger short barrel black micarta insert with buckeye burl barrel.
You know your hunting in South Carolina when a bunch of ducks fly in and you shot both of them!!
C-Hawk19
hunter

Re: Latest from stump

Postby carolinagreenhead » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:05 am

:drool: :love: Don't just show em off man. That's just cruel. Give us some info on em. I might want one of those.
carolinagreenhead
hunter

Postby C-Hawk19 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:24 am

Well at the moment i cannot say much as they were just shipped today but i will let you know in the mean time i can give a review on the RM mistress. If you want a screamer this is it. the only call i currently own that is louder is my MVP and maybe the BOSS. it will walk all the way down. great bottom end amazing top end and it will bounce and squeal like a stuck pig to. believe me get one you will not be dissapointed. if you are and i have the money let me know and i will take it from you.
Attachments
RM MISTRESS AFRICAN BLACKWOOD.jpg
African blackwood Mistress
You know your hunting in South Carolina when a bunch of ducks fly in and you shot both of them!!
C-Hawk19
hunter

Postby C-Hawk19 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:26 am

Oh and believe me when i say the pictures do his calls no justice at all. the curl and burls in this blank are ridiculous.
C-Hawk19
hunter

Postby carolinagreenhead » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:32 pm

Where did you get them from? Is there a website so I can see everything he's got?
carolinagreenhead
hunter

Postby C-Hawk19 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:54 pm

rmcustomcalls.com he is too busy to take any more orders for the time being though i'm not sure when he will have time to turn you one but having dealt with 3 other call makers he makes one of my favorite calls. Muddypaws is still my favorite but once i get these in my mind might change. :grooving: with that being said stump or Mr. Laun as i call him is an awesome guy and great to deal with. his calls are works of art that sound as good as they look.
C-Hawk19
hunter

Postby C-Hawk19 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:56 pm

BTW if you go on his sight and look at the call pictures the blackwood mistress would be mine. :beer:
C-Hawk19
hunter

Postby carolinagreenhead » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:25 pm

That mistress he's got on the front page of the calls is bad ass. The bad thing is they are too nice to take to the field.
....................DAMN.....................what to do :huh:
carolinagreenhead
hunter

Postby C-Hawk19 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:51 pm

Too nice to take the field might be your opinion but not mine personally. I hunted the mistress all year. one thing also if you get one with the ca finish like all that i have from him its tough as all get out. i'm hard on my gear to an extent but it still looks new. and if you look at the pricing its the same or cheaper than most so why not get one and hunt the mess out of it. just my .02 :thumbsup:
C-Hawk19
hunter

Postby carolinagreenhead » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:53 pm

C-Hawk19 wrote:Too nice to take the field might be your opinion but not mine personally. I hunted the mistress all year. one thing also if you get one with the ca finish like all that i have from him its tough as all get out. i'm hard on my gear to an extent but it still looks new. and if you look at the pricing its the same or cheaper than most so why not get one and hunt the mess out of it. just my .02 :thumbsup:

Ya know that is true. Hadn't quite thought about it that way but very true.
carolinagreenhead
hunter

Postby carolinagreenhead » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:02 pm

Do they stick at all?
carolinagreenhead
hunter

Postby C-Hawk19 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:52 pm

Me being a dipper/chewer and spitting alot i stick alot of calls especially acrylic. i have never had much problems with wood calls in general. I don't think that i have ever vaporlocked his call yet. i have gotten close but when it gets somewhat close is when it sounds the best to me has a great squeal to it on the feeding chuckle, but even when it sounds close and i stop calling and pick it up in a few (when i normally lock calls up) his has not failed me and being an open water design that is impressive by my standards.
C-Hawk19
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting