Where to Hunt? Army guy just stationed at Charleston SC

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

Where to Hunt? Army guy just stationed at Charleston SC

Postby Army Duck Hunter » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:26 pm

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for finding some good places to duck hunt. I am stationed at Charleston AFB. Not really concerned with how far from Charleston places are to hunt. I don't have my boat anymore so I am looking for wade in areas for the most part. If I need to buy a boat, I guess I will to get in the good areas. Also anyone in the Charleston area interested in teaming up? Thanks
Army Duck Hunter
Newb

Re: Where to Hunt? Army guy just stationed at Charleston SC

Postby UpSouth811 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:13 pm

there are a lot of hunters around that area...i to just got a house down there so ill be doing the same as u lol...got a lot of different areas around there
UpSouth811
hunter

Postby bigsprig » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:57 pm

Welcome to the area. You will probably not be getting a lot of replies as local hunters tend to guard their honey holes and secret locations carefully. SC has a lot of management areas that you can access through the DNR website and publications and there are plenty of rivers, lakes, and the salt marsh areas that are public. Suggest you get involved with local Waterfowl Association, Delta Waterfowl, or DU in your area and start building relationships. Good luck in your hunting.
Pro staff: Pop Tarts, Little Debbie, Armour Vienna Sausage! Just an old duck hunter that grew up hunting from Moes lake to McGirts Lake in beautiful Sparkleberry Swamp.
bigsprig
hunter

Postby hunt-chessies » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:27 pm

your gonna need a boat man.... I don't know of much of anything public your going to get into with just waders... You don't need much more than a kayak or small jon if your on a budget. PM me a number and ill hook you up... I used to live up that way and i still hunt up there a good bit since my inlaws live there and i still own a house up that way. Your welcome to join me for the teal opener too if you want, i'm planning to come up for it!!
Proudly owned by "HR A hunters dream of Westwind JH"

I quote HNTFSH ****Hunting is a form of training but not the first wave of it. *****
hunt-chessies
Forum Moderator

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting