New to beaufort...

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

New to beaufort...

Postby Woodiewacker » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:17 pm

Moved to beaufort a few months ago...Been burnin up fuel learning the rivers and such..shot a few teal...Still trying to figure it all out here...lots of salt water...Have heard of plantations and such that duck hunt and found a few i think..Looks like I may have a decent season..Just wondering if any yall are from around here...meet up for a few hunts....Best of luck and be safe...
Woodiewacker
hunter

Re: New to beaufort...

Postby Team_Cut'em_All » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:18 pm

born and raised just outside of bft...your doin the best thing by scouting i take it youve been in combahee alot? alot of the planatations do shoot alot just gotta figure out when they do mostly during the week when real people are workin lol...but there are plenty of good places to go just gotta deal with everyone and there brother.....pm me and well see if we can get to gether some time and shoot.
Choot'Em Mudda Fricka!
"Kill Ducks" If You Bait Them! They Will Come!
Team_Cut'em_All
hunter

Postby carolinagreenhead » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:03 pm

I'm in the Upstate but :welcome:
carolinagreenhead
hunter

Postby Woodiewacker » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:11 am

OOO Ive been duck hunting a long time 12 years or so..Did all my hunting down in the Savannah area until this year...I put my time in I know how important it is to scout...I heard that a lot of guys hunt that rvr..I put in round one a lil bit further away the other morning just to see...Wimbee looks like mostly salt water...Have to find the fresh water lol....I can run 14 hours in my 4hp motor before I have to put fas in it...so Ive know Ive been burning fuel when I can figure that out lol....
Woodiewacker
hunter

Postby bob1180 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:01 pm

Im new to the area just got stationed at the air station ive always been a deer hunter but some freinds at my old duty station talked up duck hunting pretty good so i wanted to give it a try i was wondering if anyone in the local beaufort area knew of any were that is good for an inexperienced duck hunter could go
bob1180
Newb

Postby Team_Cut'em_All » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:22 pm

If you have a boat you can hunt some of the creeks around the air station or p.i. The only other choices are Winbee creek, Combahee, Edisto, Savannah Rivers that are close to you. If i get to do much huntin this year i dont mind havein someone tag along.
Choot'Em Mudda Fricka!
Team_Cut'em_All
hunter

Postby Woodiewacker » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:40 pm

Hey youre giving all my spots away!!! Lol...From what ive seen and heard those areas are hunted hard during the season...Wardens are always on the hill(not that that matters to me) Just have to get up earlier and run farther than the rest to have good shoots...I live ooo 3 mins from LB and 8 mins form MCAS Beaufort...Been burning lotsa fuel scouting and learning the rivers round here...cant wait for the opener...did a bit of dove smackin Yesterday at a WMA an hour away that has duck ponds gonna start scouting them too....Im always available for local hunts..usually 5 days a week I can make em so PM me and Ill give ya a shout when its time to actually go out at 5 am and see whats flyin....

P.S. Cutem...did we talk at said dove hunt WED..At W center?
Woodiewacker
hunter

Postby Team_Cut'em_All » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:07 am

Yeah i hunt combahee mostly and most of them are always packed...... I was down this weekend and saw plenty of birds flyin which suprised me..... DNR is a lil tuff now and then but i know most of them there....What WMA u talkin bout PM me dont need ever one knowin spots lol... No wasnt me aint shot doves all year and its killin me.....
Choot'Em Mudda Fricka!
Team_Cut'em_All
hunter

Postby caj93 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:56 pm

might i add its hard to get a hunt on most of the plantations unless you have family ties or pretty close relationships. but if you do get on the plantations they have the best huntin. and you never have to worry about anyone getting in your spot because barely anyone is allowed to hunt them lol :beer:
When the red river flows, take the dirt road home
caj93
hunter

Postby eastonoutdoors » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:43 am

TRy out in Dale we use to shoot some good birds down there. Hang a left out of the landing and take the first right.
eastonoutdoors
Newb

Postby caj93 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:18 pm

eastonoutdoors wrote:TRy out in Dale we use to shoot some good birds down there. Hang a left out of the landing and take the first right.

near wilmington island?
When the red river flows, take the dirt road home
caj93
hunter

Postby ewelch04 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:12 pm

I am new to the area as well. I live in Bluffton and have been looking for areas to hunt. I would love to join you on your quest. I have a good bit of experience, but have never hunted in this area. Also, don't know where to begin around saltwater. Would love to here from you.
ewelch04
Newb

Postby quacked_out » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:51 pm

plantations are my main source of killing ducks off the river. i hunt combahee but that is as close as i get to beaufort. i did well on combahee opening day.....killed 5 on main run. no mergs teal buffles and woodies and a mottled. heard that broad river is loaded with some divers, my buddies pick oysters over there and said they seen a lot of buffies and blue bills. try some areas like south edisto willtown sugar hill ashepoo. find ponds. find out when they shoot ponds. kill ducks.
quacked_out
hunter

Postby quacked_out » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:54 pm

eastonoutdoors wrote:TRy out in Dale we use to shoot some good birds down there. Hang a left out of the landing and take the first right.

Dale???? birds???? must know something special, only kill woodies there in my past exp. :eek:
quacked_out
hunter

Postby Griffin4590 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:24 pm

quacked_out wrote:plantations are my main source of killing ducks off the river. i hunt combahee but that is as close as i get to beaufort. i did well on combahee opening day.....killed 5 on main run. no mergs teal buffles and woodies and a mottled. heard that broad river is loaded with some divers, my buddies pick oysters over there and said they seen a lot of buffies and blue bills. try some areas like south edisto willtown sugar hill ashepoo. find ponds. find out when they shoot ponds. kill ducks.

Really????????
Griffin4590
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting