Scouting

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

Scouting

Postby pudgedog95 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:15 am

I am new to duck hunting. This will be my second season, and I want to get some help with scouting and equipment. What are some things in SC you guys think every duck hunter should have and use?
pudgedog95
hunter

Re: Scouting

Postby C-Hawk19 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:48 am

For scouting a boat and a good set of binos.
You know your hunting in South Carolina when a bunch of ducks fly in and you shot both of them!!
C-Hawk19
hunter

Postby carolinagreenhead » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:37 pm

C-Hawk19 wrote:For scouting a boat and a good set of binos.

Decoys and a shotgun will be very useful.
carolinagreenhead
hunter

Postby bigsprig » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:02 am

South Carolina atlas and Gazateer, shows every county creek, river, lake and road.

You can find remote boat landings and small areas to scout before you waste your time riding around.

Please do not Scout during the duck season in the mornings, there are enough people riding around in bass boats already.

Scouting in SC is not like Canada where you can sit on a hill and watch where the ducks go, then go find the landowner.

You are going to be scouting in Public waters and what you see that day that looks great may be covered up with other hunters the next morning.

Learn your lake or river, then learn when and where there are places without a lot of pressure/people. Then you can start finding some ducks.

Good luck.
Pro staff: Pop Tarts, Little Debbie, Armour Vienna Sausage! Just an old duck hunter that grew up hunting from Moes lake to McGirts Lake in beautiful Sparkleberry Swamp.
bigsprig
hunter

Postby ToughHuntin11 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:45 pm

what area you plan on huntin?
ToughHuntin11
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting