MM setup vs Bug buster

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

MM setup vs Bug buster

Postby Griffin4590 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:59 pm

ok guys so now i'm torn i was all fired up to but an excel with a surface drive but now i really like these super fast hightide bugbusters. I normally hunt alone or from a friends bigger boat. I'm moving back to charleston permenetly. I dont wanna travel more then an hour to hunt (any more then that and its a road trip and i'm hunting another state lol) around that area what do you guys find more useful?
hunted the salt a fair amount but but i'd also like to explore the more inland areas.
what do you guys think? I can afford the excel but i could but 4 high tides for the cost of one excel setup lol
Griffin4590
hunter

Re: MM setup vs Bug buster

Postby Woodiewacker » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:02 am

Best friend has a 16' high tide...Hunted it many times In Georgetown county SC and savannah GA areas..Great boat, Draws a bit more water and is heavier than most duck boats but a great boat..We have used it in the Sav rvr tributaries too..I like it because its super stable in the salt marsh on crappy days..IMO its a bit big for the small water but we make it work...
Woodiewacker
hunter

Postby Team_Cut'em_All » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:40 pm

i would go with the excel...aluminum is way harder to bust a hole in than fiberglass...
Choot'Em Mudda Fricka!
"Kill Ducks" If You Bait Them! They Will Come!
Team_Cut'em_All
hunter

Postby grey duck » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:08 am

If you are living in Chucktown and plan to hunt more "inland" then I would suggest the mud motor. You will find it most usefull when the tide is out further "inland". Just plan on buying a prop every 6 months or so.
grey duck
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting