Going to be new to the state

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

Postby G3_ » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:20 pm

Hello everyone,

Im new to this board and at the end of January i will be new to the state. Im moving down to South Carolina from New Jersey (Yes im a dirty Yank). Just wondering what the hunting opportunities for ducks are in the georgetown county area and if any one would be willing to give me any help. Im an experienced duck hunter and have lots of decoys and a boat just need some help figuring out the new laws
G3_
hunter

Re: Going to be new to the state

Postby carolinagreenhead » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:21 pm

:welcome:
carolinagreenhead
hunter

Postby G3_ » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:23 pm

also im a diver duck fanatic and have a huge diver rig so if any one can provide a spot ill provide the decoys
G3_
hunter

Postby bigsprig » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:24 pm

:welcome: Do not hunt that area, but good luck. Recommend you join the local Delta, Waterfowl, or DU chapter and get to know some locals, learn the ropes before you end up butting heads with someone in the dark. Just saying!
Pro staff: Pop Tarts, Little Debbie, Armour Vienna Sausage! Just an old duck hunter that grew up hunting from Moes lake to McGirts Lake in beautiful Sparkleberry Swamp.
bigsprig
hunter

Postby G3_ » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:30 pm

Do not hunt that area, but good luck. Recommend you join the local Delta, Waterfowl, or DU chapter and get to know some locals, learn the ropes before you end up butting heads with someone in the dark. Just saying!

Why not hunt that area?

and i think i will contact DU and and Delta anyone have contact info for the local chapters?
G3_
hunter

Postby G3_ » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:30 pm

Do not hunt that area, but good luck. Recommend you join the local Delta, Waterfowl, or DU chapter and get to know some locals, learn the ropes before you end up butting heads with someone in the dark. Just saying!

Why not hunt that area?

and i think i will contact DU and and Delta anyone have contact info for the local chapters?
G3_
hunter

Postby C-Hawk19 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:13 pm

:welcome: to the forum. I don't hunt down there I live in the upstate. Hope that you find some help.
You know your hunting in South Carolina when a bunch of ducks fly in and you shot both of them!!
C-Hawk19
hunter

Postby bigsprig » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:16 pm

I do not hunt that area, was not saying you should not, sorry. PM sent
Pro staff: Pop Tarts, Little Debbie, Armour Vienna Sausage! Just an old duck hunter that grew up hunting from Moes lake to McGirts Lake in beautiful Sparkleberry Swamp.
bigsprig
hunter

Postby Duckcommander727 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:27 pm

Shoot me a pm, I'm in the area.
Nick Roehl wrote:Anymore of it on the open forum will result in a 2 week time out. You know the type you give to children when they won't listen.
Duckcommander727
hunter

Postby UpSouth811 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:32 pm

shoot me a pm and ill be glad to talk with ya
UpSouth811
hunter

Postby jingylanyard » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:31 pm

PM sent
Cutem All Jack!!!!!!!!If U can clean ducks, deer and fish in a hurry u can kill them in a hurry!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jingylanyard
hunter

Postby Woodiewacker » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:07 am

Tough to learn Georgetown..Best friend from there and has been hunting it all his life..as have I..prolly some of the best in Sc...Congrats and good luck..Scout..scout scout..over the summer learn the heck outta the rivers and you will be fine since you have experiance..get involved locally of course..shoot me a pm i can hook you up with guys that hunt 5 days a weeks for the last 15 yrs..
Woodiewacker
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting