Hunt of a LIFETIME

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

Hunt of a LIFETIME

Postby callumcuffumkillum » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:16 pm

Best 3 days of hunting i will ever experience in south carolina! We hunted in Georgetown friday saturday and sunday. We killed 201 ducks over the three days with different numbers of people hunting each day and no we did not shoot over the limit. I was hunting on my uncles plantation. They usually kill almost all teal since they hunt only on saturday during the season and everybody is hunting at the same time, makes it almost impossible to have time to work big ducks into the spread. Since it was the last weekend they said people could just hunt whenever. My uncle and i chose to hunt in the afternoons or late morning when no one else was out there and they had way more big ducks using the plantation than usual. My cousin and dad hunted with us so we could kill 4 limits. Everyday we killed our full 6 duck limits and out of the 3 days only killed about 35 teal the rest big ducks. We killed 14 bull sprigs and 2 hens, the rest was split between gadwal and widgeon with maybe 8 black/mottle ducks. In all honesty the one on the left was killed saturday afternoon and the one on the right sunday morning. They both came in by themselves. Couldnt ask for much more than that, great end to an otherwise bad season but that made up for all those mornings of puttin shells back in the box!
Attachments
Banded blacks.jpg
Last edited by callumcuffumkillum on Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not a passion it's an obsession
callumcuffumkillum
hunter

Re: Hunt of a LIFETIME

Postby carolinagreenhead » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:36 pm

Dang man, what a hunt. It doesn't get any better. Congrats!!!
carolinagreenhead
hunter

Postby C-Hawk19 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:47 am

That is great. Glad ya'll got into em. :thumbsup:
You know your hunting in South Carolina when a bunch of ducks fly in and you shot both of them!!
C-Hawk19
hunter

Postby duuck » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:39 pm

dang, thats not bad at all. I live in georgetown and for how the seasons been this year here thats suprising. But yall did it the right way. all the big ducks come in the ponds late and hardly anyone will wait on them to come in.
jehler wrote:Comparing flambeau to ghg is like comparing horseshit to cowshit
duuck
hunter

Hunt of a LIFETIME

Postby Duckcommander727 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:55 pm

Glad to see you killed over the limit on blacks, and you're also bragging about it?
Nick Roehl wrote:Anymore of it on the open forum will result in a 2 week time out. You know the type you give to children when they won't listen.
Duckcommander727
hunter

Hunt of a LIFETIME

Postby Duckcommander727 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:00 pm

You also said y'all didn't kill over the limit. Do you not know the limit?
Nick Roehl wrote:Anymore of it on the open forum will result in a 2 week time out. You know the type you give to children when they won't listen.
Duckcommander727
hunter

Postby Cajunwannabe » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:30 pm

An internet confession AND photographic evidence. Kids these days........
Cajunwannabe
hunter

Hunt of a LIFETIME

Postby Duckcommander727 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:41 pm

I'm around his age, I believe and I know better.
Duckcommander727
hunter

Postby callumcuffumkillum » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:22 pm

Sorry for the bs, i just got carried away and thought it sounded cooler and more believable if it was a double since the ducks were banded 80 bands apart and more than likely banded together so killin them on 2 different hunts is crazy. Another guy hunting this weekend also killed one banded but im not sure what its number was. I guess a bunch were banded together and they all went to the same place. I thought duck hunting was considered a group limit anyways but i guess i was wrong
callumcuffumkillum
hunter

Hunt of a LIFETIME

Postby Duckcommander727 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:36 pm

You're back peddling. You got busted. On up to it.
Duckcommander727
hunter

Postby callumcuffumkillum » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:15 am

Alright dude all i can own up to is not shooting straight about how they were killed. I am sorry, but don't try and tell me you wouldn't have dropped them both if you were the only one that could shoot and you were hunting in a party of 4. Duck hunting has been and always will be considered a group limit. People that try to say "i know i shot that one" have always been looked down upon. I have not and never will walk out of a hole over the limit for the group. Who shoots what while hunting doesn't really matter to me or most other true duck hunters as long as the limit for the number of people hunting is followed. If you are one of the people who has pal wows in the blind about who shot what after each group of ducks comes in then i don't know what to tell you. It's sad that people cant just be happy for other people anymore. Duck hunting has been and will always be considered a sport where you bond with your fellow brothers in the blind and not just a competition of who shot what. Honestly, how many times have you put your gun down because you think you shot three woodies when there are three other guys standing next to you and you have 9 more to go. You were the first person to say anything negative including the moderator. My guess is that since you are "close to my age" you are like most of the guys my age, jealous because they didn't kill anything all season (which is how my entire season went) and wanting to throw crap at people who got lucky and hit a little gold. Once again I am sorry for not telling the truth the first time, i apologize and i will own up to it no questions asked. Its just bad when hunters start throwing crap at other hunters, when we are already a dying breed :sad:
callumcuffumkillum
hunter

Hunt of a LIFETIME

Postby Duckcommander727 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:53 am

I hunted public land all year. I, alone, ended with around 60 birds. Yes, when I shoot my 3 wood ducks my gun gets put away. I don't shoot over my limit. Duck hunting has never been about group limits, kill savvy people started that. To each his own. You admitted to killing over your limit, not me.
Duckcommander727
hunter

Postby C-Hawk19 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:49 pm

Just so you know callumcuffumkillum duck hunting is not a group limit type of hunting. It is individual limits.
You know your hunting in South Carolina when a bunch of ducks fly in and you shot both of them!!
C-Hawk19
hunter

Postby scpuddle38 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:50 am

I bet if a group of woodys flew in and you wounded one over your limit to wear it couldnt fly yall would have an excuse to cause i know yall wouldnt leave it there to die. What would you tell the warden then? Even though that didnt happen to him over the limit is over the limit thats why sc duck hunting gets worse every year.
scpuddle38
hunter

Hunt of a LIFETIME

Postby Duckcommander727 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:53 pm

No I wouldn't leave it there to die. I'd fess up. I'd never do it on purpose. if that was to happen I'd take the ticket.
Duckcommander727
hunter

Postby C-Hawk19 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:29 pm

Duckcommander727 wrote:No I wouldn't leave it there to die. I'd fess up. I'd never do it on purpose. if that was to happen I'd take the ticket.

X2
C-Hawk19
hunter

Postby Calibogue » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:36 pm

First of all those are mottled not blacks.
There is a reason the limits is specified at 6/person and not a PARTY LIMIT....learn it kid and at the very lease keep your mouth shut about your exploits.
Calibogue
hunter

Postby callumcuffumkillum » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:50 pm

One is a mottled and one is a black, got the band info
callumcuffumkillum
hunter

Hunt of a LIFETIME

Postby Duckcommander727 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:26 pm

1 dark duck which means either 1 black or 1 mottled.
Duckcommander727
hunter

Postby CSS » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:43 pm

Duckcommander727 wrote:1 dark duck which means either 1 black or 1 mottled.

1 dark duck?.. it's daily bag limit not to exceed more than one black or one mottled duck and possession limit is twice the daily bag limit so one one black and one mottled leave the boy alone everyone gets excited and makes mistakes sometimes
CSS
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:22 pm

callumcuffumkillum wrote:Alright dude all i can own up to is not shooting straight about how they were killed. I am sorry, but don't try and tell me you wouldn't have dropped them both if you were the only one that could shoot and you were hunting in a party of 4. Duck hunting has been and always will be considered a group limit. People that try to say "i know i shot that one" have always been looked down upon. I have not and never will walk out of a hole over the limit for the group. Who shoots what while hunting doesn't really matter to me or most other true duck hunters as long as the limit for the number of people hunting is followed. If you are one of the people who has pal wows in the blind about who shot what after each group of ducks comes in then i don't know what to tell you. It's sad that people cant just be happy for other people anymore. Duck hunting has been and will always be considered a sport where you bond with your fellow brothers in the blind and not just a competition of who shot what. Honestly, how many times have you put your gun down because you think you shot three woodies when there are three other guys standing next to you and you have 9 more to go. You were the first person to say anything negative including the moderator. My guess is that since you are "close to my age" you are like most of the guys my age, jealous because they didn't kill anything all season (which is how my entire season went) and wanting to throw crap at people who got lucky and hit a little gold. Once again I am sorry for not telling the truth the first time, i apologize and i will own up to it no questions asked. Its just bad when hunters start throwing crap at other hunters, when we are already a dying breed :sad:

This is one of the most ignorant posts I've ever read on this site.
It's all true, as far as I know.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby carolinagreenhead » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:54 pm

I don't like locking posts especially in this forum but I think it's time and this thread had run it's course.
carolinagreenhead
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting