FYI for Everyone

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

FYI for Everyone

Postby carolinagreenhead » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:40 pm

I've added the turkey season regulations link to the DNR Link in the announcements section at the top of this forum. That will make it easier to find the turkey regulations for the upcoming season.
carolinagreenhead
hunter

Re: FYI for Everyone

Postby C-Hawk19 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:08 pm

Thanks a lot I hate navigating the dnr website.
You know your hunting in South Carolina when a bunch of ducks fly in and you shot both of them!!
C-Hawk19
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:24 pm

C-Hawk19 wrote:Thanks a lot I hate navigating the dnr website.

I've never found a state that had a DNR website that was worth a darn. They are all painful to navigate.
A year from now, you'll wish you had started today.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby C-Hawk19 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:42 pm

Botiz630 wrote:
C-Hawk19 wrote:Thanks a lot I hate navigating the dnr website.

I've never found a state that had a DNR website that was worth a darn. They are all painful to navigate.

Very true I was gonna go to Georgia for a week back in November til my buddy canceled and to check out their rules and regs I tried to navigate their site and it might have been worse than SC. :no:
You know your hunting in South Carolina when a bunch of ducks fly in and you shot both of them!!
C-Hawk19
hunter

Postby callumcuffumkillum » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:44 am

One more thing you should watch out for this season that my buddy got a ticket for last year that the warden said they were going to start cracking down on. The law says after a kill the bird must be tagged before moved but last season my buddy had a lot of turkeys come in, he shot a longbeard and waited for the rest of the turkeys to leave the field before getting his bird so he wouldnt spook the rest of them. He waited at most 10 minutes, the birds left and he walked out to the bird and put a tag on it as the warden drove up. Well the warden gave him a ticket because he said you have to immediately go to the bird and tag it. Kind of crappy in my opinion, he didnt move the bird he just just waited a couple of minutes so he would would run off the other turkeys, something most people do. Apparently that will get you to, has anybody else heard of that?
It's not a passion it's an obsession
callumcuffumkillum
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting