Another New Guy

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

Another New Guy

Postby WFowlHuntr » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:34 pm

I moved to Central SC a year ago for school at Clemson. My buddy turned me on to duck hunting while in NC but never got a chance to go before moving and haven't had a chance to go down here because I don't know the area for hunting at all. I've seen that Fants Grove is a draw hunt WMA but other than that I don't know where to go to hunt. I also don't know anyone down here to go with. What exactly is public land and how do I know if I can just walk in and hunt? Please help me so that I can enjoy this season instead of seeing facebook pictures of my buddy's greenheads!!
WFowlHuntr
Newb

Re: Another New Guy

Postby carolinagreenhead » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:19 pm

:welcome: glad to have you. Pm me an email address and I will send you the GMA maps that show you where all of the GMA is. Also look at the top of this forum and there are several links to the DNR website to make it a little easier to find stuff. For duck hunting, any public lake is open to duck hunting. Some have different regs but huntable.
carolinagreenhead
hunter

Re: Another New Guy

Postby C-Hawk19 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:15 pm

Welcome to SC. :welcome:
You know your hunting in South Carolina when a bunch of ducks fly in and you shot both of them!!
C-Hawk19
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting