New to SC Duck Hunting

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

New to SC Duck Hunting

Postby dreaminofducks » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:43 am

Hey everyone, My name is Charles and i live in Clover. I havent really hunted ducks much since growing up in Louisiana in the 70s and 80s. I don't really expect that kind of hunting sucess out here, but my 16yr old son and I are going to go for it this year. We will be hunting Lake Monticello and also the Broad River for starters. We are pretty fired up and cant wait for the season opener. Ill let ya know how it goes.
dreaminofducks
Newb

Re: New to SC Duck Hunting

Postby carolinagreenhead » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:13 pm

:welcome: Glad you found us. Like you said, you won't have the hunts like you did in LA but you can certainly get on some good hunts. Glad your getting back into it.
carolinagreenhead
hunter

New to SC Duck Hunting

Postby C-Hawk19 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:48 am

Welcome. You are right hunting is slower here for sure but carolinagreenhead is right you can have some good hunts. I don't have any experience on monticello but I have hunted the broad in the upstate there is a decent number of birds using it. Good luck with your hunting and keep us posted.

You know you're duck hunting in South Carolina when a bunch of ducks fly over and you shoot both.
You know your hunting in South Carolina when a bunch of ducks fly in and you shot both of them!!
C-Hawk19
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting