Newbie Needs Help!!! Please!!!

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

Newbie Needs Help!!! Please!!!

Postby trybowfishin » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:50 pm

I live in Upstate SC and I enjoy everything that has to do with the outdoors! Hunting, fishing, golfing, hiking, boating(paddle and motor), pretty much anything under the sun. Even got the opportunity to get on some nice birds in Santee and the Charleston area through work acquaintances. I had a bad experience about three years ago shooting in Santee and I thought I would get on this forum and see if I could help others. It was early morning, fingers freezing and the sun was just starting to light up the sky. All of a sudden your adrenaline starts pumping as soon as you hear a few birds flying in from the distance to your calls. Well we were able to pop a few and sent ol’ Jake (our awesome Spaniel for the trip) out to do some retrieving… Well if anyone knows that region very well, there are a lot of gators and one made a bee line for Jake. Even though he isn’t my dog, and I wish he was because I would have gladly brought him home, it took my breath away when I saw the two eyes fixed on Jake and he was just doing his job. Well everyone was in shock so I rose my gun a let off a shot right in-between Jake and the gator and thankfully that was enough to deter him. Getting back to my point now though, my buddies and I have put in for alligator tags every year since then, and we got two this year for a region we don’t really know. We were drawn for the Southern Coastal region, which is Jasper, Beaufort, Colleton Counties, including a few more a little more north. I was wondering if anyone had any nuisance gators around there hunting property that they wanted taken care of, or if anyone knew of any and could point me in the right direction… I am new to this site and I apologize for bringing up something that is not related directly to buck hunting, but I hope you understand after reading my post that my heart is in the right place. Please accept my apologies if this offends anyone and if the site sponsors deem it necessary, please remove this. Good luck hunting everyone and may you have a blessed day!
trybowfishin
Newb

Re: Newbie Needs Help!!! Please!!!

Postby carolinagreenhead » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:02 pm

:welcome: to the site. I don't gator hunt so I can't help you but we talk about more than duck hunting here so ask away and don't feel bad about it.
carolinagreenhead
hunter

Postby Woodiewacker » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:10 pm

I live in Beaufort .. I know of 2 nice 8+ ft Gators near where I duck Hunt have boat willing to give you free ride just to meet a fellow member and take part
Woodiewacker
hunter

Postby grey duck » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:13 pm

I was fishing for spot tail a couple of weeks ago and I saw a monster is misquito creek on the s. edisto side. 10ft+
grey duck
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting