ACE Basin

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

ACE Basin

Postby GomerPyle » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:49 am

may have opportunity to hunt ACE Basin, buddy wants a few of us to come over to hunt.......i know nothing about it. I'd have to drive from either central AL or West TN...........is it worth an 8-12 hr drive to hunt?
At the advice of my attorney, I issue the following disclaimer:

"This post may or may not be intended as humor and/or sarcasm and does not necessarily reflect the actual views of the poster."
GomerPyle
hunter

Re: ACE Basin

Postby bigsprig » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:18 am

Depends on what you are hunting, where you are hunting, when you come, etc.

Sorry to be vague, but saying coming to hunt ACE is like saying thinking about hunting the coast of Louisiana or North Alabama.

If you get on a private plantation duck hunt it could be worth the drive.

If you are coming to hunt public areas and numbers of ducks are your goal you would be better off at Guntersville or 5 hours to Arkansas.

ACE is beautiful, but it is not Arkansas and most of the ducks are on private plantation or state/federal controlled impoundments which few of us non doctor/lawyer/indian chief types ever get to hunt.

Good luck and if you come, welcome. :welcome:
Pro staff: Pop Tarts, Little Debbie, Armour Vienna Sausage! Just an old duck hunter that grew up hunting from Moes lake to McGirts Lake in beautiful Sparkleberry Swamp.
bigsprig
hunter

ACE Basin

Postby C-Hawk19 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:43 pm

bigsprig wrote:Depends on what you are hunting, where you are hunting, when you come, etc.

Sorry to be vague, but saying coming to hunt ACE is like saying thinking about hunting the coast of Louisiana or North Alabama.

If you get on a private plantation duck hunt it could be worth the drive.

If you are coming to hunt public areas and numbers of ducks are your goal you would be better off at Guntersville or 5 hours to Arkansas.

ACE is beautiful, but it is not Arkansas and most of the ducks are on private plantation or state/federal controlled impoundments which few of us non doctor/lawyer/indian chief types ever get to hunt.

Good luck and if you come, welcome. :welcome:

X2 very well put

You know you're duck hunting in South Carolina when a bunch of ducks fly over and you shoot both.
You know your hunting in South Carolina when a bunch of ducks fly in and you shot both of them!!
C-Hawk19
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting