how everyone do for that second split

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

Postby goose654 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:28 pm

we hunted lake moultrie an seen only a few bird shot 4 woodies between me another guy.First split was amazing we seen over 500 birds an had or limit of woodies with y'all post pic an let me know how everyone didin 10 mins where that birds go Or have they not showed up yet cause the warm weather? ??
goose654
hunter

Postby david95 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:38 am

We hunted outside of the diversion canal an only shot a mallard hen. Besides that only seen about 20 birds in the distance. Hopefully they will show up sometime.
david95
hunter

Re: how everyone do for that second split

Postby goose654 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:25 am

Ya man no kidding we gonna hunt upper end of santee lots of swamp looks real good im about 2.5 hours away from there so it be a week or so before i make it back weather ain't lookin good for the big push if ducks though need some snow
goose654
hunter

Postby david95 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:17 pm

Yeah im wanting to go camp at jacks landing right across from santee but waiting to see if the weather is gonna do something. Hopefully a miracle will happen or just ain't gonna be a good season.
david95
hunter

Postby grey duck » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:35 am

I have not shot a duck in SC this year. Waiting on the Wanna-be Duck Commanders to pack it up and the weather to get cold. I keep saying, "Just because you have Duck Dynasty recorded on your DVR doesn't mean you know how to hunt".
grey duck
hunter

Postby goose654 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:34 am

Ya no kiddin we had some guy on moultrie sky bustin like hell we seen em a mile high an then all the sudden boom boom boom boom boom boom hopefully will get some weather in the 20s an 30s separate wanna be for sure i think we gonna camp on river at upper end of santee there some rustic camp sites out there so we might camp or might just drive down for tha day
goose654
hunter

Postby Stump Jumper #1 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:45 pm

I couldn't agree more Gray Duck. To many "kids" duck hunting these days. Its the cool thing I guess. My bud and I killed 27 the last 3 days of the 1st season. Killed 10 this past weekend. All in the upper lake.Workin this week gonna give'em hell this weekend and next week.
Stump Jumper #1
hunter

Postby david95 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:06 pm

Yeah I can see them white cow birds fly over trees an soon as they get over em somebody's shootin at them. Ain't even ducks jut shooting for fun I guess, screws everybody else up who's actually tryin to shoot ducks.
david95
hunter

Postby goose654 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:10 pm

Ya everyone gotta start somewhere its just the ones that wasn't taught the right ways like let em decoy before u go to blasting a mile high or atleast be in range when pass shooting an then it seems like most of these idiots got semi auto an dump 3 rounds at birds that are millon miles high im no pro an made plenty of bad calls but some times its a wonder how people get so Damn stupid
goose654
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting