Duck dog trainer or someone who trains their own dogs?

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

Duck dog trainer or someone who trains their own dogs?

Postby david95 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:35 am

I live in Summerville and currently training my own YLM he's 8 months and doing good so far. I was wonder if anyone lives in my area who trains their own dog that could show me a few tips. Or if any if y'all know who's good around here that I could go to. Thank y'all!
david95
hunter

Re: Duck dog trainer or someone who trains their own dogs?

Postby Countryboy1601 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:14 pm

I'm military and live in Sumter SC. I trained both of my labs with great results. My youngest needs some fine tuning but I'm always willing to help someone else when it comes to training. I don't charge because I'm not a professional but I will be doing a lot of training this summer so if you need any help or want any information I would be happy to help. Anyone else in the area that wants to know more let me know. My name is Austin, if you want my number just send me a message and I would be glad to help.
Countryboy1601
Newb

Postby macdaddykeefer » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

i live in cross which is betwn summerville n sumter lol my lab is a started dog but i'm goin to work on teaching her to handle...if yall wana get together sometime n do some training pm me for my number!
John 3:16

Never let work get in the way of a possible duck whackin'
macdaddykeefer
hunter

Postby hunt-chessies » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:37 pm

Tons of guys in that area that train on a regular basis. Loof up the Charleston retriever club and get in with them. You will find plenty of great people!!
Proudly owned by "HR A hunters dream of Westwind JH"

I quote HNTFSH ****Hunting is a form of training but not the first wave of it. *****
hunt-chessies
Forum Moderator

Postby Edge » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:01 pm

I train here in Charleston. I had my 2 year old topped out but he was killed by a drunk driver last summer, so I am starting over with a Black Lab now. He is started and did great last year at 5 months, but it will be slow going on hand signals with this dog, just a differant personality and doesn't handle preasure yet. One of the best things you can do is to get a copy of Chriss Akins Duck Dog, he covers just about everything you will need to know. If you ever want to get them together just let me know.
Edge
hunter

Postby romeocadet08 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:16 pm

Great advice here!! CRC is a great group of guys/gals that are very welcoming and friendly. Check out their website or Facebook page. They always welcome newcomers and have monthly "training days" that are open for people to come out and watch/learn/meet the CRC family

Akin's book is the most complete guide around. I have known Chris for a very long time...we hunt together out west on a regular basis and I've spent countless amounts of hours watching him train/handle. Excellent guy...even better trainer
romeocadet08
hunter

Postby romeocadet08 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:44 am

david95 wrote:I live in Summerville and currently training my own YLM he's 8 months and doing good so far. I was wonder if anyone lives in my area who trains their own dog that could show me a few tips. Or if any if y'all know who's good around here that I could go to. Thank y'all!

PM me...got something for ya if you're interested.
romeocadet08
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting