How far from Charlotte to hunt in flooded fields?

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

How far from Charlotte to hunt in flooded fields?

Postby jfulco » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:59 pm

Been here a year now and miss my ability to set decoys and hunt fields and ponds in Texas. How far from Charlotte would I have to go to get a hunting lease and/or hunt in some fields or small water? I am not a big river fan, or wood duck fan.

Thanks for any leads & suggestions!!
jfulco
hunter

Re: How far from Charlotte to hunt in flooded fields?

Postby Strick9 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:25 am

For any descent hunting you are going to have to head to Maryland or the Currituck area of NC. I miss Tx myself brother.
Genesis 9;2
Strick9
hunter

Re: How far from Charlotte to hunt in flooded fields?

Postby bigsprig » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:04 pm

If you are talking about Katy/South Texas or Western Louisiana type fields, the only things around NC or SC that are even close are private impoundments around Mattamuskeet and Pamlico in NC and around Georgetown, Charleston in SC.

I make the pilgramage to Louisiana/Miss/Ark every year a couple of times because I love that style hunting too.

Can not afford fields around here because am not doctor, lawyer, or indian chief.

Like above said, there are some nice game lands around Pamlico, lots of great guides around Pamlico and Currituck, and even on into Back Bay of Virginia.

Know that is long way from Charlotte, but unless you develop your own impoundment somewhere you do not have many other options except urban goose hunting if you can get permission.

Welcome and good luck.
Pro staff: Pop Tarts, Little Debbie, Armour Vienna Sausage! Just an old duck hunter that grew up hunting from Moes lake to McGirts Lake in beautiful Sparkleberry Swamp.
bigsprig
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting