SC where are you

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

SC where are you

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:33 pm

:help: New to the site. Wanting to know how many guys/gals out there are from this state? I hope this is not all of them the way it looks now. I have been looking at this site for a couple of weeks now and decided to call it home. I even went against one forum designed just for my home state with a whole bunch of people in it :eek: and real educated ones but if you saw how they acted you wouldnt stay either :pissed: Alot of knowledge I see here and people eager to learn. So come on post up and lets get this state forum going, im going to work on my guys and bring them on in here.
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby deepstep » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:02 pm

Locked and loaded man waiting on season 2 to get going!!!!!!
deepstep
hunter

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:06 pm

Alright I knew I could count on you to join me. There are some great guys on here and alot of knowledge I hope we all can enjoy this and learn alot from each other. Now we just need the rest of the guys to come on in. :getdown: :getdown:
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

I'm right here!!!

Postby roughboner69 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:04 pm

Hey man I'm right here with ya. Now lets talk duck hunting. Does anyone hunt on the Santee-Cooper Lakes? If so, give me a holler.
roughboner69
hunter

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:36 am

Rough, what are you up to? The season going good for ya or what/ You seeing any more ducks moving in over the past month?
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Scouting reports.

Postby roughboner69 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:52 am

I scouted the upper lake yesterday and saw a few big ducks and some teal, but nothing to be too impressed with. I'm working my way down to the lower lake to see if anything is down there around the hatchery. I'll give everyone some advice, look around the northern part of the upper lake to find bug ducks.
roughboner69
hunter

first post

Postby smokinpole » Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:31 pm

smokinpole reporting for the first post. from the upstate. waiting on the second season any ideas on hartwell. :thumbsup:
smokinpole
hunter

Reporting In

Postby CarolinaCustom » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:52 pm

Hello everyone. Just wanted to drop a note and say hello. This seems like a great group of people. I'll be the first to tell you, I am a novice with duck hunting, but look to expand my knowledge with any information or tips ya'll may wish to share. On a side note, the end of last season was my first time out and I harvested two woodies and a mallard on our land. The most memorable time of my life. Thanks
CarolinaCustom
hunter

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:44 pm

Glad to have you CarolinaCustom, let us know if you need anything and enjoy. :thumbsup:
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby shrpshtr » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:32 pm

it looks like i am in the same boat as carolinacustom. new to the site and duck hunting. i started duck hunting about 4 years ago. i had to take the last 2 years off though from having shoulder surgery. now that everything is a-o.k. i am jonesing to do some duck hunting. unfortunately, the only duck hunting i have done is 1 time on the upper lake and 3 trips to arkansas. while i can't wait to go back out there, i would like to find some good opportunities here at home to take advantage of. i will have plenty of questions, that is if y'all don't mind answering them.
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby IBBoykin » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:20 pm

My dogs ancestors are from South Carolina.
Breeding and Training Boykin Spaniels, a True American Gundog
IBBoykin
hunter

Postby smokinpole » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:32 pm

I reckon im just an amatuer still, been duck hunting for about three years. Not really sure if I'm doing it right, i just get out there and try and see what works and what does'nt. Don't really think you could call me a rubbahead like those boys at SC ducks would. I get out there and scout and get to my spot early, and I surely don't skybust the ducks. Anyways this seems to be a good site and i plan on stayin around.
smokinpole
hunter

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:52 pm

Glad to hear it smokinpole. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help. We are all learning here it doesnt matter how long I have been hunting I still learn everyday. As being a Field Training Officer for the Sheriffs Office I always tell my new reruits this as well I may be the trainer but I still learn and they can teach me things as well. Always keep a open mind and keep hacking away at what you love you witll prevail in the end. :thumbsup:
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

SC

Postby CarolinaCustom » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:31 pm

Great thoughts. Thanks for the warm welcome.
CarolinaCustom
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting