Hunting In Northwest South Carolina

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

Hunting In Northwest South Carolina

Postby jdm1187sp » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:15 pm

I just moved to Greer, SC from Jamestown NY(about 2 hrs south of Buffalo near the Pa border) I am a diehard waterfowler and am kinda getting nervous about finding people to hunt with because I left my network up north. Any advice or anybody within a couple hours drive who would want to hunt with me would be a godend. I can offer reciprocation if anyone wants to go north some time for some great duck and deer hunting as well as Steelhead fishing, cause I got things pinned down up there and have about three hundred acres of prime deer territory to myself.....Hope someone would shed some light on my situation!
jdm1187sp
Newb

Postby dcmbsc » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:48 pm

hey man i live in myrtle beach, but i no for a fact is the clemson area there du chapter has a good peope that i no for sure would take u out , if u felt like hunting the the beach sometiem i am down here ,
Rock'em , Sock'em,....GAME'cockem!

College Student

Grand Strand Ducks Unlimited #8
http://www.grandstrandducks.org/

myrtle beach and murrells inlet

www.scducks.com
dcmbsc
hunter

Postby jdm1187sp » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:57 am

I appreciate the input man, I would definitely be interested in hunting the coast....I didn't know there was much hunting in the myrtle beach area. I have alot of friends that live in the myrtle beach surfside beach area so I could stay with them if I ever went down to hunt...I know you don't know me but I am easy to get along with and live to hunt ducks...plus I can bring a bunch of equiptment to help the cause...so if you are serious about us maybe hunting together that would be great. My email adress is jessemorando@mac.com. What to you guys get down there? I've hunted the outer banks and we shot sprig, redheads, scaup, and a few black ducks. I never got to get out into the curtain blind for brant but maybe this year....a friend of mine who guides down there is gonna get me out. I am headed north around the 27th for a week back up north with the home team. Hopefully they haven't killed all the ducks and Canadas up there yet, plus my girlfriend and I are going to bowhunt and flyfish for steelhead some and I might run rabbits with her dad and his beagles. I hope to hear from you, but if not it's cool and have a great season.
jdm1187sp
Newb

Postby dcmbsc » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:39 pm

hey , we def get up and go hunting if u come down this way , i dont have a boat right now cept a for a canoe , i havenot duck hunted down this way much cause i wasnt really a duck hunter i did a alot of upland game hunting , but last season i went out on the local river and did a little water fowling and got some woods ducks and what have you not , but all this past year i have been scouting like crazy around this area so i no some good spots and if u have a boat that would be good haha , anyways , the ducks that u wil see are sea ducks, woodies, meganzers, and teal and it all depends whereu hunt around for me , lucky for me opeing day i got a hunt lined up for me a pvt impoundment , near A ROOST yay , hey but it that plan sounds good , let me no if u got a boat , and how old are u lol, i am a collge student , i am from albany, ny lol if u no where that is so maybe u like the giants lol alright later man
Rock'em , Sock'em,....GAME'cockem!

College Student

Grand Strand Ducks Unlimited #8
http://www.grandstrandducks.org/

myrtle beach and murrells inlet

www.scducks.com
dcmbsc
hunter

Postby jdm1187sp » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:49 pm

I didn't know you were a new yorker.....I wish I had a boat this year but I got one in the works........ I have about four dozen decoys in my repotoire right now, but no boat; however I am not opposed to hunting from a canoe. I am 23 years old and graduated college last may. I moved down to SC for my job and am happy as hell that you replied because I haven't met one duck hunter since I moved down here. I am headed up to Jamestown NY on this friday for a week of hunting up that way and will be returning sunday a week later. We should definitely set up some time to hunt together. How many other guys do you hunt with? I hunt with quite a few different guys up north. I am pissed.....my buddies tore them up on Saturday and my friend Andrew shot a 130 class buck on my land last week......so you can see why I am anxious to get home for a week. They shot a Eurasian Widgeon along with a bunch of other American Widgeon too.....what the hell I've never shot an American Widgeon and now my buddies are getting one from another country! Well anyway Im excited to hunt with you in the future months so stay in touch. My first name is Jesse and my cell number is 716-397-4989. I always have that phone on me so you can call me any time you want to and we can chat further about plans. By the way what is your name?
jdm1187sp
Newb

Postby mergansermasher » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:07 am

i hate to break it to you , but you left some fine hunting for next to nothing. i go to school at clemson(im sure you know where that is by now) and do some hunting up here as well as down next the coast. i live about an hour from there. but like i said, dont get your expectations too high about ducks around here. they are few and far b/t.
mergansermasher
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting