Hunting Reports

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

Hunting Reports

Postby roughboner69 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:35 pm

How has everyone been doing since the second season has opened? I went opening day and three other boys and I shot 14. Although they were all ringnecks and woodies it was a fun time. Saw a couple groups of big ducks but not anything to get excited about. Well, I was just wonderin how everybody did. Has anyone heard about anything on Lake Moultrie?
roughboner69
hunter

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:07 pm

As for me im still working :pissed: As you can see im working real hard :mrgreen:
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby deepstep » Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:15 pm

Hunted the beaufort/broad river area this am, saw about 200 ducks total, we were in the wrong creek though....tide was dead low too...dog did great and we had a good time watching the sun rise and the ducks flying, it was good to smell the salt marsh again...jeff
deepstep
hunter

Postby smokinpole » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:33 pm

hunted greenwood friday am. saw a total of six birds. got a group of two to circle but not even a chance at shootin the smokepole. very discouraging. had a hard time floating the boat in places, got out and pushed. I think i could have walked to my hole. better luck to you others.

:thumbsdown:
smokinpole
hunter

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:05 pm

:pissed: Today was awful just plain awful O and cold as Antartica for down here in SC. Im not even going to start about it. Deepstep said he would post the story so I will wait for him. Short version while you wait - left items at house, boat (lets not go there), and ducks 10-15 yrds away (no excuse, but no shot was taken.)
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby triplebeard » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:10 am

Hunted Murray the other day and saw 7 mallards, 12 woodies, and about 40 Canadas. None came within range. One single mallard circled twice but decided to go elsewhere. Beautiful morning, though!
You gotta be tough if you're gonna be STUPID!
triplebeard
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting