North and south santee south Carolina

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

North and south santee south Carolina

Postby SCduckhunter9312 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:24 pm

We're are the real in the santee delta
Last edited by SCduckhunter9312 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SCduckhunter9312
hunter

Re: North and south santee south Carolina

Postby bigsprig » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:00 am

If you set foot on land in most areas you are trespassing. :fingerpt:

If wardens see you shooting birds that fall on private land (or in impoundments) you can be cited for wanton waste because you are not allowed to retrieve them. :fingerpt: That keeps most people out of creeks since hard to make them fall into public waters.

Suggest you observe locals and see how they hunt. Most will likely have marsh grass blinds that allow them to pull against the bank and hunt.

Decoy lines will need to be ready for tides or you will end up chasing decoys all day.

And please, please, do not set decoys in middle of creek or other areas that will obstruct boat traffic, you will lose decoys and probably get a good cussing from other hunters if you do.

Experience is much better teacher than websites- just saying.
Pro staff: Pop Tarts, Little Debbie, Armour Vienna Sausage! Just an old duck hunter that grew up hunting from Moes lake to McGirts Lake in beautiful Sparkleberry Swamp.
bigsprig
hunter

Postby SCduckhunter9312 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:54 pm

Ive got everything too hunt wid blind decoy lines dog ex. But I just wasn't sure if there were old rice fields or anything we hunt an area just like it but there's a lot of rice fields and potholes.. I just didn't wanna look like the only jackass setin up on the side of the river
SCduckhunter9312
hunter

Postby SCduckhunter9312 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:01 pm

Thankyou for the information
SCduckhunter9312
hunter

Postby Edge » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:04 pm

If you are looking for Teal, the creeks between the north and south rivers east of 17 is good, you can find creeks far enough from land to be ok. Like was said before, don't go on posted land.If you do drop a bird on posted land, send the dog, they can't write him up. This area is also very good for marsh hen, but it is also where a lot of the game wardens hunt, so make sure the boat is right. The delta is where you will find the bigger ducks. Woodies can be found up river and you can set up on the side of the rivers and small creeks. There are a lot of hunting plantations here, Ted Turners for one, and it seems like someone is always on the look out. So be legal.
Edge
hunter

Postby bigsprig » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:10 pm

Regarding the dog, there are a lot of large gators in Santee River, so especially during teal season bring the dog at your own risk.

Good luck.
Pro staff: Pop Tarts, Little Debbie, Armour Vienna Sausage! Just an old duck hunter that grew up hunting from Moes lake to McGirts Lake in beautiful Sparkleberry Swamp.
bigsprig
hunter

Postby Anoldhuntersc » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:55 am

Edge- send the dog they can't write him up.

Nope but they can and will give you a ticket. Check on it. May not but have seen a few people ticketed.
Anoldhuntersc
hunter

Postby Edge » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:53 am

I have too, and won't go into detail in public, but this has been challenged. The gators do seem to be thickest in this part of the river, ecpecialy Kinlaw creek. I always have gator repelant with me.
Edge
hunter

Postby BurninPowder » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:43 pm

You guys can have all that low country BS, with the land owners, game wardens around every corner (looking for anything), gators and idiot rubberheads. I'll stay North of Columbia and kill Mallards and Woodies with the occasional Ringer or Teal and be completely content. Seems to me that the LC is not all it's cracked up to be?...
BurninPowder
hunter

Postby Stump Jumper SC » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:23 am

BurninPowder, please stay upstate! We have enough rubberheads in the LC!
Stump Jumper SC
hunter

Postby BurninPowder » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:09 pm

Stump Jumper SC wrote:BurninPowder, please stay upstate! We have enough rubberheads in the LC!

First, thank you for proving my point. You're right, there are more "rubberheads" in the LC. I've dealt with my share through the years and there seems to be less of them the further North you go. On top of that, the ones you do run into are far less obnoxious generally speaking. Maybe that explains your obnoxious post?... Not sure what you're trying to imply with your statement but I tend not to assume I know anything about an internet acquaintance. And to be honest I don't consider you that... Please do us all a favor and take your assumptions and immature spouting elsewhere.
BurninPowder
hunter

Postby bigsprig » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:06 am

Do I need to move your desks further apart? If you boys keep this up, No recess. :hammer:
bigsprig
hunter

Postby Stump Jumper SC » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:29 pm

Bigsprig, I'm good with the upstate funny guy. He's the one talkin crap about the LC! Since "Rubberhead" hurt his feelings, I'll just say keep "your kind" in the upstate. We don't need anymore young, non duck hunting types around here! That is all...
Stump Jumper SC
hunter

Postby BurninPowder » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:12 pm

I'd like to take a moment and clarify my initial post, as some have trouble reading through the lines. First I love SC, if I didn't I'd move. The low country is no exception...The fishing is great, the people are like no other, and don't get me started on the history. As far as duck hunting in the LC goes. It's far too much hassle for too little reward for someone who doesn't live there. Simply put, for me to leave home at 12AM, drive 200mi. South, take and hour boat ride and spend another hour setting lines. Only to have some dip crap set up 200yds away and sky bust all morning as I hear he and his five buddies hoop holler and blow calls to no end. I think not. I've duck hunted a lot of places LA, NB, TN, and NC all come to mind and anywhere public this can happen, but seems at least in my experience it's happened more in the LC than anywhere else. I'm not accusing anyone here of being such or making a blanket statement about LC SC as a whole, just speaking to my duck hunting experiences. As to "stump bumper's" posts, I will no longer dignify them with a response, as they say plenty on their own.
BurninPowder
hunter

Postby Edge » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:12 am

Charleston is always voted one of the friendliest cities to visit or live in. what is happening is there are more and more people moving into the area so chances are, when you run into a rude person, they are more than likely tourist or transplants from some other area. I sell homes on Sullivans and IOP, and 90% of the time someone is spending over a million dollars they are from another state. Property taxes have risen so fast that most folks are forced to sell and move off the Islands. We are being over run by carpet baggers.
Edge
hunter

Postby romeocadet08 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:26 pm

Edge wrote:Property taxes have risen so fast that most folks are forced to sell and move off the Islands. We are being over run by carpet baggers.

Ain't that the truth!!
romeocadet08
hunter

Postby Stump Jumper SC » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:35 pm

"Stump Bumper"! Lmao that's a funny one. Did you think of that on your own Burninpeeter??
Stump Jumper SC
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting