License Question

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

License Question

Postby slayducks87 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:11 am

I'm currently stationed at Fort Gordon about 10 minutes from the South Carolina line but live with my girlfriend in the Aiken area. I looked up the regulations for the military and licensing and it states you have to be stationed there OR domiciled in the state to receive resident privileges. I called the DNR and he told me I need to have a valid SC drivers license. Is this correct or would a bill with the current address be sufficient? If anyone has any information please let me know! Thanks!
slayducks87
hunter

Re: License Question

Postby Gilliganmc01 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:28 pm

An SC license would be a sure bet. However depending on where you purchase it... You might be able to walk away with one... With this being said, the drivers license will be a lot cheaper than a fine if you were to get one. Nothing ruins a season like confiscated equipment. However, I am sure a court judge would side with you worst case situation. Being an active duty hunter for the past 14 years I feel your pain.
Gilliganmc01
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting