Duck Hunting Forum banner

Typical S.C. opener...

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  SCoutdoorsman 
#1 ·
Well, we headed out this morning to our usual hole. Normally, there's only 1 or 2 boats there, and the one's that do show up are decent hunters.
Won't get right on top of you, won't call your birds on the swing, etc.

But now it seems like everyone knows about this area. We got there early, with only one other boat set up about 500-600 yrds away.
By 6:30, there must have been 10-12 boats in there, with more trying to get in there also. We had some idiots that set up within 60 yrds of us!!!
I knew there was no need to say anything, because they obviously didn't care about our lights. DO PEOPLE EVEN HAVE A CLUE ANYMORE????
I mean, I don't even get that close in a dove field!!!!
And we wonder why the locals in Arkansas look at us like we're idiots.
S.C. hunters are the most hated group in Arkansas.

At daylight, it sounded like 20 boats were all crammed in a area less than 50 acres!!!! Every dumbass in there was blowing a duck call at the wood ducks passing over. Some of them sounded like they didn't even know what end of the call to blow thru!! They were skybusting like crazy. I know I saw some woodys that were at least 100yrds up get shot at.

We had a small group of blue wings buzz the decoys, but we didn't even pick up our guns.

I swear, I don't know why I even bother to put myself thru this anymore.
It's just not fun anymore.

At least I've got a Arkansas trip to look forward to in a private ricefield.

See less See more
#2 ·
I dont even bother going unless its private pond or very few secrect holes no one has seem to find yet. Opening day you can forget it, not worth putting up with all the idiots out there. i just got from Arknsas the weekend of the 11th had a great weekend. Thats what I look forward to every year going out that way to get one great weekend. Hope your trip was good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.