Rivers and Creeks

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

Rivers and Creeks

Postby 88will88 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:13 pm

I am new to Lexington and Columbia and was searching for some rivers or creeks in the area that would be ideal for float hunting or that may contain some oxbow lakes for duck hunting. Any direction would be much appreciated!!!
88will88
hunter

Postby mergansermasher » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:32 pm

all i can tell you is that you have come to the bottom of the barrel for public duck hunting. you might get on some ringnecks or maye a bluebill out on lake murray, but thats mostly all you'll do except for woodies
mergansermasher
hunter

rivers

Postby duck commander 2 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:19 pm

some good hunting on the saluda and reedy rivers,, depends on how far you willing to travel
duck commander 2
Newb

Postby MBS » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:46 pm

My best advise would be to just get out and look and see whats in the area.I haven't hunted up your way.Just get out and try'em out.The hunting here is hit and miss,but way more miss than hit.The woodrows are everywhere in the state some areas VERY thick.The only problem with them is the limit(2).here are ducks here,but not so much on public.Find a river or creek around your area and watch the weather.If the swamps freeze here,we slay em on the river.
MBS
Newb

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting