Will be work in SC

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

Will be work in SC

Postby Frank73 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:16 am

Hey guys i will be working at the Wateree Power station, Ive done a little looking on maps and see there is a lot of water in the area. Lake Wateree being the closest. Is there much duck hunting in that area.
Frank73
hunter

Re: Will be work in SC

Postby marlowfw » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:05 pm

look at FantsGove in Cleamson they have some there I bow hunt for deer there. I have never hunted ducks but my 15 year old son wants to start, I don't known where to start. I don't known anyone that hunts duck and I have looked online with no help. Dose anyone known anyone are any where I can go and talk with that may get me moving in the right direction?
marlowfw
Newb

Postby grey duck » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:22 pm

Half of Lake Wateree is in a bird sanctuary. Lake Marion is where I kill most of my birds in the state. Sparkleberry Swamp can be unbelievable at times. That is where I would get started if I were you
grey duck
hunter

Postby Woodiewacker » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:17 am

As far as getting started...good warm clothes good quality warm waders and a reliable shotgun...get involoved with your local ducks unlimited chapter or scwa or delta waterfowl...most of the groupsare full of guys willing to help those who will work hard to learns they dont want freeloaders..as for your son get him involved too those same guys will prolly take him on theyouth hunts to lets him get a taste..waterfowling is an addictive art..a sport...its expensive its year round and it will lead to some of the best memories for you both...the best part is yall can learn together...and trial and error..lots of that...best of luck and happy hunting
Woodiewacker
hunter

Postby JFord56 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:07 pm

Wateree can be good if you get a good push of new birds. Only maybe a dozen good spots to setup on in the upper half of the lake. Got to get the early. You cant hunt Kershaw Cty part of the lake.
JFord56
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting