PURCHASE A 'GONE FISHING' LICENSE PLATE

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

PURCHASE A 'GONE FISHING' LICENSE PLATE

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:26 am

Few months old but thought I would pass it along for those who did not know.

The S.C. Department of Natural Resources recently held a press conference and ceremony at the Marine Resources Division in Charleston to announce that a new vehicle license plate is available to South Carolina citizens. The Saltwater Conservation Vehicle License Plate, commonly known as the Gone Fishing License Plate, calls the attention of fishermen, boaters, conservationists and everyone who loves the water and our state's coastal resources.

Funds from the sale of the license plate will go to the S.C. Department of Natural Resources (DNR) and will be used to help protect South Carolina's marine resources.

"This ceremony initiates a long-term project that will be beneficial to the DNR and its mission far into the future," said John Frampton, DNR director. "This license plate is an excellent example of how the public, recreational fishermen and everyone who appreciates the coast can demonstrate their support for our state's natural resources."

Mike McShane of Johns Island is chairman of the S.C. Natural Resources Board. "The DNR is one organization with a united mission, and the S.C. Natural Resources Board is committed to the agency's mission of protecting and conserving our natural resources," he said. "This license plate symbolizes what the DNR is really all about-it promotes conservation by giving user groups the opportunity to contribute voluntarily to programs that further recreational fishing activities in our state." The South Carolina General Assembly supported the concept of a license plate, allowing DNR to initiate its design and production through the S.C. Department of Motor Vehicles. Representative Chip Limehouse of Charleston County took the lead in sponsoring House Bill 3990, which made the Gone Fishing License Plate possible.

"Being from the coast and a representative in the South Carolina General Assembly, my priority in government service is to promote conservation," Limehouse said. "I fully support the Gone Fishing License Plate, and I believe that I speak for all members of the General Assembly who have a deep appreciation for what the DNR represents."

Robert Boyles, DNR Marine Resources Division deputy director, spoke during the ceremony. "We are excited about the opportunity to work with the citizens of South Carolina to promote this license plate," he said. "I want to recognize the outstanding efforts of staff who worked through the lengthy process of making the license plate a reality. The plate is visually attractive, but more importantly, it effectively communicates our commitment to conservation."

Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby had » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:39 am

that is cool. we have something like that this year here in az also. it has a quail and an elk on it. plan on getting when my tags are due.
This site is about having some fun, learning, helping others, and enjoying the commaradre' of other waterfowl hunters. And if you do not like those 4 things, then do not let the door hit you on the way out of here.
had
hunter

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:33 am

We finally got the DU plates as well a couple of months ago, do you all have that one as well?
http://duckhuntingchat.com/viewtopic.php?p=11543#11543
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:48 pm

Minnesota has a similar plate. Ours is called the Critical Habitat plates. Proceeds go to the Minnesota DNR. I like the Idea of ducks unlimited plate....
http://www.licenseplates.cc/images/mn_loon.jpg
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:52 pm

Good looking tag. :thumbsup:
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby had » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:47 am

:eek: no we don't have a du plate. to bad that would be nice.
This site is about having some fun, learning, helping others, and enjoying the commaradre' of other waterfowl hunters. And if you do not like those 4 things, then do not let the door hit you on the way out of here.
had
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting