State Legislative Information (kept up to date)

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

State Legislative Information (kept up to date)

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:20 am

Wanting to know if anyone is interested in keeping up with what is going on in the House and Senate of our state? I would, as well you (anyone) can post up about readings or new laws that may effect us as hunters. Let me know if any are interested and I will start posting away, maybe in a sticky thread so we can add to it when info is available.

Thanks, SC
Last edited by SCoutdoorsman on Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:31 pm

Alright anyone....bueller....bueller?
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby shrpshtr » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:22 am

yeah, i try and keep up with stuff through grass roots and other sources like that. post away, i'll read it. i will even try to contribute every once-in-a-while...:smile:
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:07 pm

:thumbsup: I will try and bold the ones that pass and have became law.
Last edited by SCoutdoorsman on Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:25 pm

A BILL 3572 TO AMEND ARTICLE 5, CHAPTER 9, TITLE 50, CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, RELATING TO HUNTING AND FISHING LICENSES, BY ADDING SECTION 50-9-545 SO AS TO PROVIDE THAT IT IS UNLAWFUL FOR A PERSON TO TAKE STRIPED BASS, HYBRID STRIPED BASS, BROOK TROUT, BROWN TROUT, RAINBOW TROUT, OR SMALL MOUTH BASS IN THE WATERS OF THIS STATE WITHOUT FIRST PROCURING A STATE FISHERIES HATCHERY STAMP AND HAVING A VALID STAMP IN THEIR POSSESSION WHILE FISHING OR TRANSPORTING STRIPED BASS, HYBRID STRIPED BASS, BROOK TROUT, BROWN TROUT, RAINBOW TROUT, OR SMALL MOUTH BASS CAUGHT IN THE WATERS OF THIS STATE, TO PROVIDE FOR FURNISHING THE STAMP AND FOR USE OF THE PROCEEDS FROM THE SALE OF THE STAMP, AND TO PROVIDE PENALTIES FOR VIOLATIONS OF THIS SECTION.

Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:

SECTION 1. Article 5, Chapter 9, Title 50 of the 1976 Code is amended by adding:

"Section 50-9-545. It is unlawful for a person to take and reduce to possession striped bass, hybrid striped bass, brook trout, brown trout, rainbow trout, or small mouth bass in the waters of this State without first procuring a state waters fisheries hatchery permit. Persons taking, attempting to take, in possession of, or transporting striped bass, hybrid striped bass, brook trout, brown trout, rainbow trout, or small mouth bass must have a valid state waters fisheries hatchery stamp in their possession. A person violating this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, must be fined not less than fifty nor more than five hundred dollars or imprisoned not more than thirty days. For purposes of this section, taking does not include catching and immediately releasing of fish back to the waters when and where they were caught. The department must furnish permits to its authorized licensed sales agents for sale in the same manner as other type licenses. The fee for each permit is five dollars and fifty cents. Fifty cents of the permit cost may be retained by the issuing sales agent, and the balance must be paid to the department. Each permit expires on the last day of June following issuance. These proceeds must be retained by the department. Revenue derived from the sale of the permit may be used only for the development, protection, and propagation of freshwater fish in this State."

SECTION 2. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor.

02/16/05 House Introduced and read first time HJ-23
02/16/05 House Referred to Committee on Agriculture, Natural
Resources and Environmental Affairs HJ-23
Last edited by SCoutdoorsman on Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:19 pm

NEW S.C. LAW MAKES IT ILLEGAL TO RELEASE, TRANSPORT HOGS

A new state law makes it illegal to release a member of the pig family or to transport one of these animals with the intent of releasing it, according to the S.C. Department of Natural Resources and the state veterinarian.

"This new state law is an attempt to protect the state's ecosystems, the hunter's health and the spread of disease to domestic swine, livestock, pets and wildlife," said Dr. Tony Caver, State Veterinarian and Director of Clemson University Livestock Poultry Health Programs in Columbia. "Feral or wild swine are known disease carriers of pseudorabies and brucellosis. Surveillance over the years has shown that the feral hog populations in South Carolina are infected with both these diseases."

Humans are at serious public health risk of brucellosis infection when they field dress wild pigs, according to Caver. Brucellosis in man is referred to as "undulant fever." The symptoms of undulant fever in man consist of recurrent fever, night sweats and headaches for extended periods separated by weeks of feeling well. Hunters who have been exposed to wild pigs and who become ill or exhibit these symptoms should consult their doctor.

Derrell Shipes, chief of statewide projects, research and surveys for the Wildlife Section of the S.C. Department of Natural Resources (DNR) in Columbia, said artificial populations of wild or feral hogs now exist across the state, and in most cases these populations were intentionally established and supplemented. "Hogs are native to Europe and parts of Asia and compete to the detriment of North American wildlife," Shipes said. "They compete directly in South Carolina with deer, turkey, raccoons, squirrels and other wildlife."

Hogs also damage property, according to Shipes. When hogs root for food, they damage roads, dikes, agricultural crops and wildlife habitat. In many cases the damage occurs on adjoining properties where property owners are trying to eliminate the hogs. The new law, which recently went into effect, stipulates that a landowner may capture and release a pig as long as the capture and release was conducted under authority of a permit issued by the DNR. The pig must also be released on the same tract of land upon which it was captured, or on an adjoining tract with permission of the owner. Under no circumstances can a pig be released in a county other than the county in which it was captured.

Commercial swine herds have been certified as pseudorabies free since 1995 and brucellosis free since 1998. "Domestic swine infected from contact with feral pigs threaten our state's disease-free status," Caver said. "Loss of our disease-free status would result in increased restrictions and testing, and there would be restrictions on the interstate movement of swine, especially breeding stock. The interstate movement of South Carolina swine would be significantly impacted. These diseases cause production losses and decreased profits.

Because brucellosis can be transmitted to humans, hunters who harvest and dress these animals are advised to handle the carcasses with care. When field dressing feral swine, hunters are advised to wear gloves and eye protection. Proper disposal of the offal and remains is essential to prevent the spread of disease to other farm animals and wildlife. Brucellosis is not transmitted through properly cooked meat-if the meat is thoroughly cooked, it is safe to eat. The National Pork Producers Association recommends that pork products be cooked to an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit.

"We want hunters to be able to kill feral swine," Caver said. "We do not want known disease carriers to be moved around the state. We want to protect the health of the hunters, our ecosystems and prevent the spread of disease to domestic swine, livestock, pets and wildlife."

Feral pigs can also transmit brucellosis to cattle, sheep, goats, dogs and wildlife such as white-tailed deer. Pseudorabies is a fatal viral infection in other farm animals such as cattle, sheep, goats, dogs and cats as well as raccoons, opossums, skunks and rodents. Pseudorabies infections in horses are rare.

The South Carolina Department of Agriculture and the U.S. Department of Agriculture-Veterinary Services also recognize the threat and impacts of free roaming hogs and associated diseases to wildlife, livestock, humans and property.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:57 am

Increases catch limit on red drum from 2 to 5 bill 3139, 3372

SECTION 1. Section 50-5-1705(D) of the 1976 Code, as last amended by Act 105 of 2001, is further amended to read:

"(D) It is unlawful for a person to take or have in possession more than two five red drum in any one day."

01/25/05 House Introduced and read first time HJ-50
01/25/05 House Referred to Committee on Agriculture, Natural
Resources and Environmental Affairs HJ-50
02/09/05 House Committee report: Favorable Agriculture, Natural
Resources and Environmental Affairs HJ-5
02/10/05 House Member(s) request name added as sponsor: Young
02/15/05 House Member(s) request name removed as sponsor: Talley
02/15/05 House Debate adjourned until Wednesday, February 16,
2005 HJ-21
02/16/05 House Amended HJ-21
02/16/05 House Read second time HJ-21
02/17/05 House Read third time and sent to Senate HJ-11
02/22/05 Senate Introduced and read first time SJ-4
02/22/05 Senate Referred to Committee on Fish, Game and Forestry
Last edited by SCoutdoorsman on Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:45 pm

TO AMEND THE CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, BY ADDING SECTION 50-11-345 bill 3458 SO AS TO PROVIDE THAT IT IS UNLAWFUL TO HUNT DEER WITH A CENTERFIRE RIFLE UNLESS THE HUNTER IS OCCUPYING AN ELEVATED STAND AT LEAST TEN FEET ABOVE THE GROUND.

SECTION 1. Chapter 11, Title 50 of the 1976 Code is amended by adding:

"Section 50-11-345. It is unlawful to hunt deer with a centerfire rifle unless the hunter is occupying an elevated stand at least ten feet above the ground. The provisions of this section do not apply to a disabled hunter possessing written evidence of his disability."

02/03/05 House Introduced and read first time HJ-14
02/03/05 House Referred to Committee on Agriculture, Natural
Resources and Environmental Affairs HJ-14
Last edited by SCoutdoorsman on Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:50 pm

SECTION 1. Chapter 9, Title 50 of the 1976 Code is amended by adding:

"Section 50-9-1215. Any person who is convicted of or pleads guilty or nolo contendere to a criminal offense resulting from the shooting of any bovine or equine animal shall also have his hunting privileges suspended for a period of two years. In addition, before the suspension period may be lifted, the offender successfully shall complete a hunter education class or course approved by the department educating the offender on the proper use of weapons, game identification, and safety."

SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Mon May 02, 2005 7:08 pm

A BILL TO AMEND THE CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, BY ADDING SECTION 50-11-11 bill 3622 SO AS TO PROVIDE THAT THE DAILY BAG LIMIT FOR MOURNING DOVES INCLUDING RING NECK DOVES IS FIFTEEN PER DAY, TO PROVIDE THAT NO DOVES MAY BE TAKEN OR HUNTED BEFORE TWELVE O'CLOCK NOON, TO PROVIDE THAT TOP SOWING WHEAT IN THE MANNER PROVIDED BY REGULATION OF THE DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES IS
NOT CONSIDERED BAITING AN AREA OVER WHICH MIGRATORY GAME BIRDS ARE HUNTED, AND TO PROVIDE THAT THE ABOVE PROVISIONS APPLY IN ALL GAME ZONES OF THIS STATE UNLESS A PROVISION CONFLICTS WITH AN APPLICABLE PROVISION OF FEDERAL LAW, REGULATION, OR TREATY IN WHICH CASE THAT PROVISION SHALL NOT APPLY IN ANY GAME ZONE OF THIS STATE.

02/23/05 House Introduced and read first time HJ-48
02/23/05 House Referred to Committee on Agriculture, Natural
Resources and Environmental Affairs HJ-48
04/20/05 House Member(s) request name added as sponsor:
M.A.Pitts, Duncan
04/27/05 House Member(s) request name added as sponsor: Umphlett
Last edited by SCoutdoorsman on Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Mon May 02, 2005 7:09 pm

A BILL TO AMEND SECTION 50-11-430 bill 594, AS AMENDED, CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, RELATING TO BEAR HUNTING AND CERTAIN UNLAWFUL ACTS WITH REGARD TO THE HUNTING OR TAKING OF BEARS, SO AS TO PROVIDE THAT IT IS NOT UNLAWFUL TO PURSUE BEAR WITH DOGS WITH A PERMIT FROM THE DEPARTMENT FOR THIS PURPOSE AT ANY TIME SO LONG AS NO BEAR ARE TAKEN OR KILLED DURING THIS ACTIVITY.

03/08/05 Senate Introduced and read first time SJ-6
03/08/05 Senate Referred to Committee on Fish, Game and Forestry SJ-6
Last edited by SCoutdoorsman on Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Mon May 02, 2005 7:10 pm

A BILL TO AMEND THE CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, BY ADDING SECTION 50-11-95 bill 3879 SO AS TO MAKE IT UNLAWFUL TO ENGAGE IN COMPUTER ASSISTED REMOTE HUNTING, TO DEFINE COMPUTER ASSISTED REMOTE HUNTING FOR THIS PURPOSE, TO PROVIDE EXCEPTIONS, AND TO PROVIDE PENALTIES FOR VIOLATION.

04/06/05 House Introduced and read first time HJ-43
04/06/05 House Referred to Committee on Agriculture, Natural
Resources and Environmental Affairs HJ-43
01/19/06 House Member(s) request name added as sponsor: Duncan
01/25/06 House Member(s) request name added as sponsor: Toole
02/15/06 House Committee report: Favorable with amendment
Agriculture, Natural Resources and Environmental
Affairs HJ-4
02/16/06 House Amended HJ-18
02/16/06 House Read second time HJ-19
02/16/06 House Unanimous consent for third reading on next
legislative day HJ-20
02/17/06 House Read third time and sent to Senate HJ-1
02/21/06 Senate Introduced and read first time SJ-17
02/21/06 Senate Referred to Committee on Fish, Game and Forestry SJ-17
03/15/06 Senate Committee report: Favorable with amendment Fish,
Game and Forestry SJ-18
03/16/06 Senate Amended SJ-26
03/16/06 Senate Read second time SJ-26
03/17/06 Scrivener's error corrected
03/21/06 Senate Read third time and returned to House with
amendments SJ-14
03/23/06 House Concurred in Senate amendment and enrolled HJ-38
04/06/06 Ratified R 272
04/13/06 Became law without Governor's signature
04/20/06 Copies available
04/20/06 Effective date 04/13/06
Last edited by SCoutdoorsman on Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Mon May 02, 2005 7:10 pm

A BILL TO AMEND SECTION 50-11-500 bill 212, AS AMENDED, CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, RELATING TO HUNTING WILD TURKEY, SO AS TO MAKE IT UNLAWFUL TO TAKE OR ATTEMPT TO TAKE A WILD TURKEY FROM A WATERCRAFT ON THE WATERS OF THE STATE.

01/12/05 Senate Introduced and read first time SJ-16
01/12/05 Senate Referred to Committee on Fish, Game Forestry 02/03/05 Senate Committee report: Favorable with amendment Fish,
Game and Forestry SJ-9
02/08/05 Senate Amended SJ-27
02/08/05 Senate Read second time SJ-27
02/09/05 Senate Read third time and sent to House SJ-22
02/10/05 House Introduced and read first time HJ-11
02/10/05 House Referred to Committee on Agriculture, Natural
Resources and Environmental Affairs HJ-11
03/30/05 House Committee report: Favorable with amendment
Affairs HJ-11
03/31/05 House Amended HJ-18
03/31/05 House Read second time HJ-18
03/31/05 House Unanimous consent for third reading on next
legislative day HJ-19
04/01/05 House Read third time and returned to Senate with
amendments HJ-1
04/05/05 Senate Non-concurrence in House amendment SJ-19
04/06/05 House House insists upon amendment and conference
committee appointed Reps. Rhoad, Duncan, and
M.A. Pitts HJ-1
04/07/05 Senate Conference committee appointed Gregory, McGill,
and Hutto SJ-17
05/03/05 Senate Free conference powers granted SJ-29
05/03/05 Senate Free conference committee appointed Gregory,
McGill, and Hutto SJ-29
05/17/05 House Free conference powers granted HJ-45
05/17/05 House Free conference committee appointed Reps. MA
Pitts, Rhoad, and Duncan HJ-47
05/17/05 House Free conference report received and adopted HJ-47
05/17/05 Senate Free conference report received and adopted SJ-25
05/18/05 Senate Ordered enrolled for ratification SJ-35
05/18/05 Ratified R 78
05/23/05 Signed By Governor
05/25/05 Copies available
05/25/05 Effective date 05/23/05
05/27/05 Act No. 65

PASSED
Last edited by SCoutdoorsman on Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Fri May 20, 2005 7:35 pm

A BILL TO AMEND THE CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, BY ADDING SECTION 50-11-32 bill 4044 SO AS TO PROVIDE THAT IT IS UNLAWFUL TO HUNT WATERFOWL IN CALHOUN COUNTY ON CERTAIN PORTIONS OF LAKE MARION WITHIN TWO HUNDRED YARDS OF A RESIDENCE WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION OF THE OWNER AND OCCUPANT AND TO PROVIDE PENALTIES FOR VIOLATIONS.

05/04/05 House Introduced and read first time HJ-180
05/04/05 House Referred to Committee on Agriculture, Natural
Resources and Environmental Affairs HJ-180
05/05/05 House Recalled from Committee on Agriculture, Natural
Resources and Environmental Affairs HJ-34
05/10/05 House Read second time HJ-16
05/11/05 House Read third time and sent to Senate HJ-25
05/12/05 Senate Introduced and read first time SJ-13
05/12/05 Senate Referred to Committee on Fish, Game and Forestry SJ-13
06/01/05 Senate Recalled from Committee on Fish, Game and Forestry SJ-2
06/01/05 Senate Read second time SJ-2
06/01/05 Senate Unanimous consent for third reading on next
legislative day SJ-2
06/02/05 Senate Read third time and enrolled SJ-108
06/02/05 Ratified R 197
06/09/05 Became law without Governor's signature
06/14/05 Copies available
06/14/05 Effective date 06/09/05
06/16/05 Act No. 152

PASSED
Last edited by SCoutdoorsman on Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:13 pm

AN ACT TO AMEND SECTION 50-13-237, CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, RELATING TO THE HARVEST OF STRIPED BASS AND STRIPED BASS HYBRIDS IN PORTIONS OF THE SAVANNAH RIVER, SO AS TO MAKE IT UNLAWFUL TO POSSESS MORE THAN TWO STRIPED BASS, STRIPED BASS HYBRIDS, WHITE BASS, OR ANY COMBINATION OF THESE SPECIES IN CERTAIN PORTIONS OF THE SAVANNAH RIVER AND TO PROVIDE THAT ANY LAWFUL POSSESSED FISH OF EACH OF THESE SPECIES MUST BE A MINIMUM OF TWENTY-SEVEN INCHES IN TOTAL LENGTH; AND TO REPEAL SECTION 50-13-120 RELATING TO NO SIZE LIMITS ON CERTAIN FRESH WATER FISH.

Possession and size limits revised

SECTION 1. Section 50-13-237 of the 1976 Code, as added by Act 71 of 2001, is amended to read:

"Section 50-13-237. It is unlawful to possess more than two striped bass, striped bass hybrids, white bass, or any combination of these species in the Savannah River and its tributaries and distributaries and the lands immediately adjacent to them from the J. Strom Thurmond Lake dam downstream to the mouth of the Savannah River defined by a line from Jones Island, S.C. (also known as Oysterbed Island) point at N. 32° 02" W. 80° 53"; across Cockspur Island, Georgia, point at N. 32° 01" W. 80° 52" to Lazaretto Creek, Georgia, point at 32° 01" W. 80° 52". Any lawfully possessed fish of each of these species must be a minimum of twenty-seven inches in total length."

Repeal

SECTION 2. Section 50-13-120 of the 1976 Code is repealed.

Time effective

SECTION 3. This act takes effect October 1, 2005.

Ratified the 24th day of May, 2005.

Approved the 26th day of May, 2005. -- S.
Last edited by SCoutdoorsman on Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:51 pm

NEWS RELEASE #05-116 June 20, 2005 DNR News (803) 734-3950

LAW MAKES IT ILLEGAL TO HAVE BEAR IN CAPTIVITY IN S.C. WITHOUT A PERMIT
A state law makes it illegal to have a bear in captivity without a permit, according to the S.C. Department of Natural Resources, and agency leaders say they plan to enforce the law more rigorously.

Applications for permits to possess bears must be received in the S.C. Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Clemson office by Friday, July 15. Permits for captive bears will be issued by DNR by Thursday, Aug. 15. Any un-permitted bear in captivity after Aug. 15, 2005, will be illegal and subject to confiscation with other legal action possible. Anyone possessing a black bear in captivity is asked to contact their local DNR law enforcement officer, or call the Clemson DNR office at (864) 654-1671, extension 19. Permits will also be required for black bear temporarily exhibited in South Carolina.

No further reproduction of these captive black bear will be allowed. "Periodic inspections will be conducted," said Skip Still, DNR wildlife biologist and black bear specialist based at the Clemson DNR office. "This will also allow us to get a handle on how many bear are in captivity.

"There are two wild populations of bear in South Carolina-one located in the mountainous region along the South Carolina/North Carolina line, and the other in the upper coastal plain," Still said. "Black bear in the mountains of South Carolina seem to be expanding their range southward, and their population is increasing. The upper coastal plain population is presently stable. The primary threat to the state's bear population appears to be residential and commercial developments."
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:48 am

S 0145 General Bill, By Mescher
A BILL TO AMEND THE CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, BY ADDING SECTION
50-13-390, TO PROVIDE THAT NO MORE THAN ONE ARKANSAS BLUE CATFISH OVER
THIRTY-FOUR INCHES MAY BE TAKEN FROM THE WATERS OF LAKES MARION AND MOULTRIE
BY ANY ONE PERSON IN ONE DAY, AND TO PROVIDE THAT THE PROVISIONS OF THIS
SECTION APPLY TO COMMERCIAL AS WELL AS RECREATIONAL FISHERMEN.

12/15/04 Senate Prefiled
12/15/04 Senate Referred to Committee on Fish, Game and Forestry
01/11/05 Senate Introduced and read first time SJ-152
01/11/05 Senate Referred to Committee on Fish, Game and Forestry SJ-152
02/03/05 Senate Committee report: Favorable with amendment Fish,
Game and Forestry SJ-8
02/08/05 Senate Amended SJ-26
02/08/05 Senate Read second time SJ-26
02/10/05 Senate Read third time and sent to House SJ-20
02/15/05 House Introduced and read first time HJ-12
02/15/05 House Referred to Committee on Agriculture, Natural
Resources and Environmental Affairs HJ-12
03/30/05 House Committee report: Favorable with amendment
Affairs HJ-11
03/31/05 House Amended HJ-19
03/31/05 House Read second time HJ-19
03/31/05 House Unanimous consent for third reading on next
legislative day HJ-20
04/01/05 House Read third time and returned to Senate with
amendments HJ-1
04/05/05 Senate Referred to Committee on Fish, Game and Forestry SJ-18
05/04/05 Senate Committee report: Favorable with amendment Fish,
Game and Forestry SJ-26
05/04/05 Senate House amendment amended SJ-26
05/04/05 Senate Returned to House with amendments SJ-26
05/05/05 Scrivener's error corrected
05/10/05 House Debate adjourned on Senate amendments until
Wednesday, May 18, 2005 HJ-18
05/18/05 House Debate adjourned on Senate amendments until
Tuesday, May 24, 2005 HJ-85
05/25/05 House Debate adjourned on Senate amendments until
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 HJ-297
05/31/05 House Debate adjourned on Senate amendments until
Thursday, June 2, 2005 HJ-109
06/02/05 House Debate adjourned on Senate amendments until July
15, 2005 HJ-55
01/10/06 House Debate adjourned on Senate amendments until
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 HJ-64
01/11/06 House Debate adjourned until Wednesday, January 25,
2006 HJ-20
03/28/06 Senate Senate insists upon amendment and conference
committee appointed McConnell, Mescher, and
Grooms SJ-84
03/29/06 House Conference committee appointed Reps. Ott, Rhoad,
and Umphlett HJ-4

01/25/06 House Non-concurrence in Senate amendment HJ-40
Last edited by SCoutdoorsman on Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:49 am

H3110 TO AMEND SECTION 23-31-215, CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, RELATING TO THE ISSUANCE OF CONCEALABLE WEAPONS PERMITS, SO AS TO PROVIDE THAT VALID OUT-OF-STATE PERMITS TO CARRY CONCEALABLE WEAPONS HELD BY A RESIDENT OF ANOTHER STATE MUST BE HONORED BY THIS STATE AND TO DELETE THE PROVISION THAT THIS STATE WILL ONLY HONOR OUT-OF-STATE PERMITS ISSUED BY A STATE WITH WHICH SOUTH CAROLINA HAS RECIPROCITY.

12/08/04 House Prefiled
12/08/04 House Referred to Committee on Judiciary
01/11/05 House Introduced and read first time HJ-84
01/11/05 House Referred to Committee on Judiciary HJ-84
01/12/05 House Member(s) request name added as sponsor: Duncan,
Huggins
01/18/05 House Member(s) request name added as sponsor: Tripp
01/19/05 House Member(s) request name added as sponsor: Cato,
Walker, Davenport, G.R.Smith, Hamilton, Leach,
F.N.Smith
01/25/05 House Member(s) request name added as sponsor: Vaughn,
Pinson, E.H.Pitts, Barfield, Clemmons
01/26/05 House Member(s) request name added as sponsor: Owens,
Young, Hinson, White, Loftis, Jennings, Hayes,
Vick, Hosey, Merrill
02/01/05 House Member(s) request name added as sponsor: Ceips
02/02/05 House Member(s) request name added as sponsor: Bailey,
Hagood, Limehouse
02/03/05 House Member(s) request name added as sponsor: Cooper
02/15/05 House Member(s) request name added as sponsor: Mahaffey
02/16/05 House Member(s) request name added as sponsor: Bowers,
Ott, Delleney, Talley, Scarborough, Hiott,
McGee, J.R.Smith, Altman, Anthony
02/17/05 House Member(s) request name added as sponsor:
Umphlett, Hardwick, Townsend
02/22/05 House Member(s) request name added as sponsor: Stewart
02/23/05 House Member(s) request name added as sponsor:
Thompson, J.E.Smith, Rutherford, Haley,
Ballentine, Rhoad, Agnew
02/24/05 House Member(s) request name added as sponsor:
Littlejohn, Parks, Rivers, Chellis
03/09/05 House Committee report: Favorable with amendment
Judiciary HJ-6
03/10/05 House Amended HJ-37
03/10/05 House Read second time HJ-40
03/10/05 House Unanimous consent for third reading on next
legislative day HJ-40
03/11/05 House Read third time and sent to Senate HJ-3
03/15/05 Senate Introduced and read first time SJ-13
03/15/05 Senate Referred to Committee on Judiciary SJ-13
05/04/05 Senate Committee report: Majority favorable with amend.,
minority unfavorable Judiciary SJ-10
05/18/05 Senate Special order, set for 05/18/05 SJ-50
05/19/05 Senate Amended SJ-134
05/19/05 Senate Read second time SJ-134
05/19/05 Senate Unanimous consent for third reading on next
legislative day SJ-134
05/20/05 Senate Read third time and returned to House with amendments
05/25/05 House Non-concurrence in Senate amendment HJ-305
05/26/05 Senate Senate insists upon amendment and conference
committee appointed Ritchie, Knotts, and
Alexander SJ-292
05/31/05 House Conference committee appointed Reps. MA Pitts, JE
Smith, and Herbkersman HJ-63
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:53 pm

H*4221(Rat #0219) General Bill, By Miller
Similar (H 4211)
AN ACT TO AMEND THE CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, BY ADDING SECTION
50-11-35 SO AS TO PROVIDE THAT IT IS UNLAWFUL TO HUNT MIGRATORY WATERFOWL IN
GEORGETOWN COUNTY IN CERTAIN PORTIONS OF MURRELL'S INLET CREEK WITHIN ONE
HUNDRED YARDS OF A RESIDENCE OR BUSINESS WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION. -
ratified title
View full text
05/26/05 House Introduced, read first time, placed on calendar
without reference HJ-29
05/31/05 House Amended HJ-94
05/31/05 House Read second time HJ-94
06/01/05 House Read third time and sent to Senate HJ-15
06/01/05 Senate Introduced, read first time, placed on calendar
without reference SJ-9
06/01/05 Scrivener's error corrected
06/02/05 Senate Read second time SJ-117
01/10/06 Senate Read third time and enrolled SJ-51
01/31/06 Ratified R 219
02/07/06 Became law without Governor's signature
02/08/06 Copies available
02/08/06 Effective date 02/07/06
02/10/06 Act No. 227
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:02 am

Several laws updated, thanks. :thumbsup:
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting