Lake Wylie

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

Lake Wylie

Postby CLTduhunter » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:06 pm

I am trying to prevent this season from being a total let down. I have been driving 2+ hours to duck hunt around Anderson/Lake Hartwell areas for 3 hunts and have only killed 2 ducks. I am wondering if anyone has or had any luck on Lake Wylie SC side as I am roughly 10 miles from my place?

I have access to a boat and wanted to see if any public access spots have been successful. DNR stated it is mainly private land but of course I would abide by the distance.

I did a search and the last thread on Lake Wylie was from 2011 so I didn't want to ressurect it.

Thank you for anyone who takes a look at this and provides any insight. I mainly read everyone's post and love the site for all the great information.
CLTduhunter
hunter

Re: Lake Wylie

Postby MichaelT » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:55 am

Sent you a PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MichaelT
hunter

Postby mjk870 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:21 pm

are you allowed to hunt on Wylie?
mjk870
Newb

Postby CLTduhunter » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:30 pm

mjk870 wrote:are you allowed to hunt on Wylie?

Yes 200 yards from property
CLTduhunter
hunter

Postby bigsprig » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:19 am

Search the archives for past posts on Lake Wylie (and anything else) you will find good information is on the site with a little research.

Good luck and hunt safe. :welcome:
Pro staff: Pop Tarts, Little Debbie, Armour Vienna Sausage! Just an old duck hunter that grew up hunting from Moes lake to McGirts Lake in beautiful Sparkleberry Swamp.
bigsprig
hunter

Postby CLTduhunter » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:36 pm

bigsprig wrote:Search the archives for past posts on Lake Wylie (and anything else) you will find good information is on the site with a little research.

Good luck and hunt safe. :welcome:

I did just that and seems this was before hunting was allowed on the lake. Most of the threads were the stories before the "meeting" with everyone and DNR.

I mentioned the most recent post was from 2011 so I figured a new one wouldn't hurt.
CLTduhunter
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting