Duck Hunting Forum banner

Camp Woodie (send your kids)

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  bigsprig 
#1 ·
Parents, been looking for a place to send the kids for a summer camp well this is the place if they love the outdoors just as much as you.

MISSION OF CAMP WOODIE
Camp Woodie is the nation's leading summer waterfowl and wildlife conservation camp. Camp Woodie exists to educate our youth and pass on our waterfowl heritage and the values of wildlife conservation. It is achieving its mission with the help of expert instructors that deliver hands-on fun filled education programs to our next generation of young waterfowl hunters and conservationists.

Camp Woodie started out with one cabin that housed 32 campers, a 5-stand sporting clays range, and five 3-D archery targets. Now the camp has a 48-bed bunkhouse and a 24-bed cabin for 72 campers per week.

The increasing number of campers enjoy many activities such as the new and improved walk-through sporting clays course, in addition to the 5-stand, a wetland trail, a rifle range, and an archery shed with over 30 targets. Camp Woodie also has a 25'x 50' swimming pool.

Check it out mine is 5 and will go as soon as he is old enough, but from what I hear and read from others its a great place to send the kids, not to mention the free duck hunt you get to go to the following year with your kid :thumbsup:
http://www.scwa.org/main_campwoodie.html

See less See more
#2 ·
SCoutdoorsman said:
Parents, been looking for a place to send the kids for a summer camp well this is the place if they love the outdoors just as much as you.

MISSION OF CAMP WOODIE
Camp Woodie is the nation's leading summer waterfowl and wildlife conservation camp. Camp Woodie exists to educate our youth and pass on our waterfowl heritage and the values of wildlife conservation. It is achieving its mission with the help of expert instructors that deliver hands-on fun filled education programs to our next generation of young waterfowl hunters and conservationists.

Camp Woodie started out with one cabin that housed 32 campers, a 5-stand sporting clays range, and five 3-D archery targets. Now the camp has a 48-bed bunkhouse and a 24-bed cabin for 72 campers per week.

The increasing number of campers enjoy many activities such as the new and improved walk-through sporting clays course, in addition to the 5-stand, a wetland trail, a rifle range, and an archery shed with over 30 targets. academic summer camps also has a 25'x 50' swimming pool.

Check it out mine is 5 and will go as soon as he is old enough, but from what I hear and read from others its a great place to send the kids, not to mention the free duck hunt you get to go to the following year with your kid :thumbsup:
http://www.scwa.org/main_campwoodie.html
Wow nice camp,
Great facilities and Professional experts to teach kids about wildlife.
Keep up the good work. :clapping:

#3 ·
Both of my boys went to this camp and had a great time.

Whether you agree with SCWA mallard release (please do not make this into a SCWA bashing post) policies or not, this camp is a great introduction to waterfowling for any kids.

Highly recommend!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.